Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pushing the envelope - stretching Cali's room to te limit

Small gas valve saves us when the R907 bottle is empty

View attachment 122444

Today I added a small copper gas valve to the Cali repertoire. It fits in the 500 gram gas cans (propane/butane), that we always carry in the van for the gas grill.

Now we can use the cans as a backup for when the blue R907 butane bottle is exhausted sooner than we expected. It saves us the room and the 4 kilogram of the spare Campingaz bottle.

View attachment 122445

The valve is suitable for containers with a EN 417 connection. The outgoing end of the valve has an outlet of 3/8 inch (left handed thread), and connects to the Cali gas pressure regulator (not on the picture here).

View attachment 122446

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.
Not sure I would leave that attached when not in use…

View attachment 122444

Today I added a small copper gas valve to the Cali repertoire. It fits in the 500 gram gas cans (propane/butane), that we always carry in the van for the gas grill.

Now we can use the cans as a backup for when the blue R907 butane bottle is exhausted sooner than we expected. It saves us the room and the 4 kilogram of the spare Campingaz bottle.

View attachment 122445

The valve is suitable for containers with a EN 417 connection. The outgoing end of the valve has an outlet of 3/8 inch (left handed thread), and connects to the Cali gas pressure regulator (not on the picture here).

View attachment 122446

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.
It seems like the 901 is discontinued (in the UK at least), so this might offer an alternative to carrying a large 904 or 907 as as a spare or for a 2nd stove, but with the flexibility to swap between bottles:
Campingaz Twin Connection with Gas Pressure Regulator for Campingaz Gas Stoves, Twin Connection for EasyClic Gas Cartridges CV 300 & CV 470 Plus as well as Gas Bottles R904 & R907 https://amzn.eu/d/6teatcD

It seems like the 901 is discontinued (in the UK at least), so this might offer an alternative to carrying a large 904 or 907 as as a spare or for a 2nd stove, but with the flexibility to swap between bottles:
Campingaz Twin Connection with Gas Pressure Regulator for Campingaz Gas Stoves, Twin Connection for EasyClic Gas Cartridges CV 300 & CV 470 Plus as well as Gas Bottles R904 & R907 https://amzn.eu/d/6teatcD
Will that fit in the Cali, looks like the valve will hit the wall?

Screenshot_20240426-192017-769.png

Can't find the dimensions of the twin valve, but I'd guess the knob stands out too much for the gas bun.
Plus: it has no screw thread to connect to the Cali gas hose.

Marc.

YAVA: yet another valve adapter for threadless gas bottles

Today I've added a YAVA (yet another valve adapter) to my collection: a Jeebel valve converter for the threadless click bayonet connection on Campingaz CV bottles, and on handworker bottles that you find in every DIY store.

The underside has the bayonet connector, at the upsite there's a thread EN 417 for a gas hose.
10 euros on Amazone.nl.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Jeebel valve adaptor.jpg

jeebel_valve_Campingaz.jpg

View attachment 122444

View attachment 122445

View attachment 122446

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Back