Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porta Potti 345 - 365 ?

• Thread starter Gliderbee California 6.1
  • Start date
G

Gliderbee California 6.1

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I have the PP 365, but it's a bit too high to fit in the back of my T6.1 under the bed (or the last piece when seats upright).

To me, it looks like the PP is the same model, but just a lower waste tank. Could that be right ?
In that case, I could try to find a waste tank for the 345 to use it with the 365.

Stefan.

not sure the answer, as I don’t have both. But for sure the 345 is smaller capacity and fits both under the rear shelf and also fits under the sink, which we prefer, but not every one likes that idea.
Not sure how easy it would be to buy half a porta potty and you may well find upper half bigger too
I think your best option is buy and sell

Consider a composting toilet like trobolo wandago. I believe porta potti is solution of the past. We have 2 years now after having used PP fr 6 years.
search for dry toilet, composting toilet or trobolo to read more on this forum.

I have the PP 365, but it's a bit too high to fit in the back of my T6.1 under the bed (or the last piece when seats upright).

To me, it looks like the PP is the same model, but just a lower waste tank. Could that be right ?
In that case, I could try to find a waste tank for the 345 to use it with the 365.

Stefan.

Stefan.
335 was the model fitting under sink i believe. 335 345 and 365 have parts in common . See attched doc

Attachments

• thetford-repair.pdf
    8.4 MB · Views: 12
  • Spare part list Porta Potti.pdf
    768 KB · Views: 6
I’d tend to agree with @BrendanJ , to avoid any incompatibility or trying to sell half a Porta Potti, I’d sell the one you have and buy a new 335. There’s quite a ready market for second hand Porta Potti so should sell easily.

Consider a composting toilet like trobolo wandago. I believe porta potti is solution of the past. We have 2 years now after having used PP fr 6 years.
search for dry toilet, composting toilet or trobolo to read more on this forum.
I don’t understand how this would work, can you explain
We largely use porto potty for night time wee’s which fills up quite quickly ha ha.
But in any case I would hardly have time for composting to take effect before emptying, so don’t get the idea at all
Please enlighten me

We largely use porto potty for night time wee’s which fills up quite quickly ha ha.
But in any case I would hardly have time for composting to take effect before emptying, so don’t get the idea at all
Please enlighten me
Wow just went on trobolo website and watched the videos
Not for me…. Disgusting
Unless you are seriously hardcore green, and in any case for my usage makes no sense at all

Wow just went on trobolo website and watched the videos
Not for me…. Disgusting
Unless you are seriously hardcore green, and in any case for my usage makes no sense at all
I guess you stay at campsites all the time , where chemical toilet disposal is widely available.
nothing disgusting about it , odorless and clean. No flushing , no brushing..
Just trow a bag in the waste bin and empty a bottle ..
As you say maybe not for your usage.

Last edited:

Stefan.
Stefan,
if you live not too far from me in Belgium, feel free to pick up my old porta potti 335 For free.

I guess you stay at campsites all the time , where chemical toilet disposal is widely available.
nothing disgusting about it , odorless and clean. No flushing , no brushing..
Just trow a bag in the waste bin and empty a bottle ..
As you say maybe not for your usage.
Waste bins as in litter bins aren't intended for that category of waste.

Please enlighten me
If I may: I made a thread about this; can provide information or just to read, that's not so disgusting. I'm just saying ;)
Thread 'Environmentally friendly camping toilets: an article.'
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/environmentally-friendly-camping-toilets-an-article.52373/

Very interesting!!!
Three words come to mind
primitive, hands-on, & very expensive
I really don’t want to get so close to the subject no matter how green it is

Reminds me of all those people that diligently pick up their dog poo, and then hang it in a tree!, but don’t worry the bag breaks down , is recyclicable plastic and is green. Ahhh

Very interesting!!!
Three words come to mind
primitive, hands-on, & very expensive
I really don’t want to get so close to the subject no matter how green it is

Reminds me of all those people that diligently pick up their dog poo, and then hang it in a tree!, but don’t worry the bag breaks down , is recyclicable plastic and is green. Ahhh
Thanks!
Gosh, for me it's not even about the green aspect - we too bring a porta potti in the van - but I thought it would be fun to pass on the information to those interested. By the way, I made the thread on the toilet so it was, as it were, an ‘inspiration’ of the moment ;)
But to be honest: I have found emptying a chemical toilet a shitty job since I was nine years old (and I am a lot older now); get rid of a bag, well why not for those rare, very few times, in fact we almost exclusively go to the toilet elsewhere. Once you travel around you realize that there are plenty of toilets you can use (restaurant, museum, gas station and others) so ours is used occasionally and mainly at night (by the four of us). Everyone has their own idea and you have yours, there is nothing wrong with that. Anyway, you are certainly right about this: some are expensive, way too expensive compared to a porta potti.

Last edited:
Stefan,
if you live not too far from me in Belgium, feel free to pick up my old porta potti 335 For free.
Hello Roger,

Thanks ! That's a very kind offer. I live in Lubbeek, about 50km from Grobbendonk, so that's not very far. I don't know how to make a private conversation on this forum; can you sent me a mail on gliderbee@+++++.com ?

Kind Regards,

Stefan.

not sure the answer, as I don’t have both. But for sure the 345 is smaller capacity and fits both under the rear shelf and also fits under the sink, which we prefer, but not every one likes that idea.
Not sure how easy it would be to buy half a porta potty and you may well find upper half bigger too
I think your best option is buy and sell
I thought about selling and buying, but I'm afraid they are not that easy to sell ... PP itself (the company) already answered me I can't buy a separate waste tank from the 345.
To me, that answer seems a bit strange: that would mean you can't buy a spare tank if there would be a problem with the one you have ... OTOH, the parts list doesn't show a number for the waste tank (as for many other parts).

Stefan,
Hello Roger,

I met someone today who has a 345 and we exchanged the waste tank, so now I have a 345 that fits nicely. Thanks for the very kind offer though !

Hello Roger,

Thanks ! That's a very kind offer. I live in Lubbeek, about 50km from Grobbendonk, so that's not very far. I don't know how to make a private conversation on this forum; can you sent me a mail on gliderbee@+++++.com ?

Kind Regards,

Stefan.
I believe you need to be VIP member to be able to send personal message.