Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ORANGE ENGINE WARNING LIGHT - Error 18193

Tricky74

Tricky74

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
All,
The common orange warning light illuminated in sub-zero temperatures yesterday in my 2022 T6.1 Cali. My trustee Carista diagnostic check told me: Error 18193 - Particulate Matter Sensor Temperature: Circuit. I used Carista to reset the error, but light re-illuminated this morning, again in sub-zero conditions. Any ideas on what course of action should be please.....other than obvious calling the VW van centre!

Thanks in advance!

All,
The common orange warning light illuminated in sub-zero temperatures yesterday in my 2022 T6.1 Cali. My trustee Carista diagnostic check told me: Error 18193 - Particulate Matter Sensor Temperature: Circuit. I used Carista to reset the error, but light re-illuminated this morning, again in sub-zero conditions. Any ideas on what course of action should be please.....other than obvious calling the VW van centre!

Thanks in advance!
Call VW Assistance. It is run by the AA but insist on a VW Assist technician.

double post

double post
I have removed duplicate

Call VW Assistance. It is run by the AA but insist on a VW Assist technician.
Interestingly I called VW Assistance. I was informed that an amber warning light is not a 'breakdown as vehicle an be driven, therefore no roadside assistance could be provided :(

Anyone else experienced this?

I have had to book it into VW van centre....

Interestingly I called VW Assistance. I was informed that an amber warning light is not a 'breakdown as vehicle an be driven, therefore no roadside assistance could be provided :(

Not heard that before. Maybe because of the cold weather they are inundated and prioritised call outs.

Had this some years ago when they came out cleared the fault and followed me to the van centre.

Had this myself engine light on vw assist wouldn't come out until I told them a warning light on the dashboard would be an MOT fail so they then came out and followed me to the van centre

Back