Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Number Plates

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Having just returned from France and getting close to the final spec required for my Cali I have been looking at number plates as I hate stickers all over my motors, especially a new one and wanted to eliminate having to put a GB sticker on.
Found this which may assist others. I certainly didn't know but then there's lots of things I don't know:)

https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-plates/flags-symbols-and-identifiers

4. Flags, symbols and identifiers
Flags and national identifying letters

You can display one of the following flags with identifying letters on the left-hand side of the number plate:

• Union Flag
  • Cross of St George
  • Cross of St Andrew - also known as the Saltire
  • Red Dragon of Wales
The letters, or national identifiers, you can have are:

• GREAT BRITAIN, Great Britain or GB
  • UNITED KINGDOM, United Kingdom or UK
  • CYMRU, Cymru, CYM or Cym
  • ENGLAND, England, ENG, Eng
  • SCOTLAND, Scotland, SCO or Sco
  • WALES or Wales
You’ll still need a GB sticker when travelling in Europe if you display one of these national flags and identifiers.

The flag must be above the identifier. You can’t have the flag or letters on the number plate margin, and neither can be more than 50 millimetres wide.

Euro symbol
If you display the Euro symbol and Great Britain (GB) national identifier on your number plate, then you won’t need a separate GB sticker when travelling within the European Union.

The Euro symbol must:

• be a minimum height of 98mm
  • have a width between 40 and 50mm
  • have a reflective blue background with 12 reflecting yellow stars at the top
  • show the member state (GB) in reflecting white or yellow

I still have fond memories of France a few weeks ago of my nephew ripping off the GB stickers plastered all over his beloved Volvo after realising he had european plates and didn't need them :)