Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

North West Scotland Tips

This.

Wild camping in a motorised vehicle is illegal in Scotland and why would you rather than supporting the local economy with their great campsites.

They are some of the cheapest and friendliest I have used on the west coast.

You have your pick really but we enjoyed Port A Bhaigh and Shieldaig Camping & Cabins.
There are plenty of spots to stop in a van overnight. Increasingly with local support. Always be respectful. Plus just ask at hotels and pubs if you can stop in their car park. They are great full for the trade.

There are plenty of spots to stop in a van overnight. Increasingly with local support. Always be respectful. Plus just ask at hotels and pubs if you can stop in their car park. They are great full for the trade.
There are. They are called camp sites. Locals love them. Because they support the local economy. Some councils have locally run ones with less facilities and a nominal charge.

I’ve seen no evidence locals support campers and whales, especially in summer, illegally littering their roads at night. Quite the opposite. Happy for you to point me to it.

Easy to write be respectful but most campers doing the north coasts are rentals. These campers have zero idea and show it.

As for pub car parks. Not my cup of tea. Many now charge because of the amount of britstop moaners who want to stop there for free but not buy a meal.

Quite why people go to these lengths to avoid paying 30 quid for a very cost effective campsite is beyond me.