Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

night heater operation

Footy69

Footy69

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi folks, just a question to put out there . just had new Cali 4 months now, and not needed night heater a lot. So been putting on last 2-3 weeks and trying the continuos setting but heater just comes on then sometimes straight off even before getting warm. Working tonight bit better. Thought it would trickle away on the heat setting i set . Its not very consistent. i must be doing something wrong . Hopefully someone can help me out here . thanks.

Hi folks, just a question to put out there . just had new Cali 4 months now, and not needed night heater a lot. So been putting on last 2-3 weeks and trying the continuos setting but heater just comes on then sometimes straight off even before getting warm. Working tonight bit better. Thought it would trickle away on the heat setting i set . Its not very consistent. i must be doing something wrong . Hopefully someone can help me out here . thanks.
Are you certain that it's not just cutting out because its upto temperature? What number setting are you experimenting with? I only say that, as ambient temperature isn't overly chilly at the moment.

hi Stuart ,low setting 2-3. but done the same in April when quite cool. thanks.

hi Stuart ,low setting 2-3. but done the same in April when quite cool. thanks.
Pretty sure it will be the very low setting you have it at the moment. I wouldn’t expect 2/3 to kick in this time of year at any time of day or night. To check for certain push the setting right up and I’m sure you’ll see a difference. I had mine set at 4 with snow on the ground in Buxton earlier in the year and it was going on and off intermittently.

Pretty sure it will be the very low setting you have it at the moment. I wouldn’t expect 2/3 to kick in this time of year at any time of day or night. To check for certain push the setting right up and I’m sure you’ll see a difference. I had mine set at 4 with snow on the ground in Buxton earlier in the year and it was going on and off intermittently.
will do,thanks

Worth noting that its not instant either, like you'd expect an electric fan heater to be. It burns diesel for heat and needs a few minutes to fire up. So after selecting your chosen level, I'd leave it a few minutes before changing settings thinking that nothing is happening. Give some bigger numbers a go, just to prove that your are not nursing a fault/issue.

Back