Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New bolts for chairs

S

SamSara

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
When at Spring Classic i noticed a large fastener on the grass and being conscious of nature and somewhat sleep deprived I diligently disposed of it. 2 days later at a lovely site in Buckfastleigh I realised where the blooming thing had come from and now need a new one for the chair arm. I have access to many at work, but couldn’t find one long enough, or perhaps its a duel system with the fastener going from inside the arm and some retainer nut on the outer side. Can anyone enlighten me becasue I have had a look at the others and can’t seem to unscrew them. Anyone know where i can get them from or have their dimensions so that i can make new. Thanks

The ones that won’t undo have had thread lock applied, a bit of force will make them come loose.

Re apply thread lock when required assembling.

I think the club shop does chair spares

if you manage to remove the other ones, to measure them up, you could try Orbital fasteners (web) for a replacement

please post back to help others when you know the dimensions

The ones that won’t undo have had thread lock applied, a bit of force will make them come loose.

if you manage to remove the other ones, to measure them up, you could try Orbital fasteners (web) for a replacement

I had the plastic spacers fail both my chairs in the last month.

You can buy a generic kit from VW - this gives you enough parts to fix one joint - 7H7-098-091-A and is around ~£9 to11 pounds. (longest bolt is only 35mm, so i think it only supplies the parts for the joints in the hinged area)

Because I had 4 plastic joints that had cracked I emailed the company that made the chairs, using details from the forum.

They wrote back with a diagram that had detailed the 5 different joints labelled and they quoted €11 posted to UK for 2 joints of the same type. (in my case, two m6 bolts, two spacers and two end barrel nuts). €11 was the same price regardless of which joint kit you selected.

Note we have a 17MY van and the joint i had to replaced was glued together (rather than thread locked), after trying numerous chemicals etc, i was left with no option but to saw through the bolts.

I ordered two sets (4 joints worth) and they arrived within two days.

The contact was: Petra Haug <phaug@camping-schuh.de>

The bolt with shank (i.e. not threaded all the way) that attaches the rear of the arm to the chair frame is stated by them as M6x75 and they all have shallow heads.

Andrew

Last edited:
Thanks, i have ordered thread locker and will give the others a little oomph to get them off. Will post dimensions for anyone else who needs,

I have discovered one of the plastic spacers in the other chair is crack and will therefore order the replacement pack and not bother making new

Back