Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New 2016 Cali coming! Passenger seat into 2 seater?

PaulMilton

PaulMilton

Treading water until retirement.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I have a new Cali Ocean coming soon, very excited of course!

I'm already planning extra seats. Has anyone been brave enough to modify their Ocean by swapping the single front passenger seat with a double seat- just thinking about the future.

There was a thread recently where someone has done that on their T5

yes & the thread about that was only updated last week so you should be able to find it.

In ours we have occasionally used two 5th seats if that makes sense, remove rear shelf, Matress & stoppers in the floor rails. Slide rear seat back as far as it will then go, put first single seat in rails nearest the kitchen, then 2nd single goes in rails nearest the door.
The seat nearest the wardrobe in the back row ends up with zero leg room but is ok for our youngest.
Absolutely no good for camping like this, but ok as a people carrier.
If you keep an eye on ebay you can pick up a single seat from a caravelle for as little as £150 so a cheap option with no permanent changes to the van.

Great stuff- thanks.

I have a new Cali Ocean coming soon, very excited of course!

I'm already planning extra seats. Has anyone been brave enough to modify their Ocean by swapping the single front passenger seat with a double seat- just thinking about the future.

The log book and insurance list my Cali as a 4 seater, so don't forget to inform the relevant people and get it changed.

Good advice, cheers.

Back