Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nebula film download

JohnCalifornia

JohnCalifornia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
So I’ve had the Nebula capsule now for a few months and used every time we have been away. I’ve been downloading films onto my iPad then plugging it into the Nebula to watch them. All works fine apart from all the wires everywhere for charging purposes. So tonight I’m downloading films straight onto the Nebula Netflix app. How do you fellow Cali owners watch your films with your Nebula , if you have one of cause….

I bought a projector screen, to hang down behind the front seats, but actually never used it
Instead what I have been doing when I do use it - is to use the pull down screen on the sliding door, with projector on the kitchen top - work fine

So we are home from our first camping trip away this year and we used the Nebula to watch a couple of films. The films were downloaded from Netflix at home straight onto the Nebula itself . The one we have has a 8GB memory according to the manual and we managed to get 2 films and 2 series on it with 5 episodes in each. We used it on battery power only and watched 2 films before the battery low message came on. This is great as now I don’t need to download films onto the IPad and have the HDMI wire, charging wires etc all on the table. We also just put the nebula on the table and I have made my own screen that is just a bit of cardboard wrapped in white projector screen cloth and it goes exactly where the window blind is but made it a bit smaller so the fridge can be opened while the films are on. The reason I made this was because the picture on the window blind was grainey. The blind is more than good enough to watch a film but when I you put it against a flat white surface the difference is massive. Anyway totally recommend a Nebula projector if you are on the market for something like this

We have a nebula max, and don’t use the included software, we just plug a firestick into it, which seems far easier to update and keep track of purchases etc. We have also made the most of the setup by creating a small cinema room at home, so it lives on a floating Ikea shelf and can be used when not in the van.
In the van, it sits on top of the burners, and projects onto the door side screen, which is the perfect size. It does need a couple of credit cards under the rear to point the projection down a little, but easily setup. Everything plugs into the usb / power spots at the end of the kitchen - we did buy a very cheap Amazon basics DVD player, (which operates off usb) so we can always find some charity shop dvds if we run out of things to watch or don’t feel the need to fork out for WiFi on a site.

Back