Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nearly there ---

pjm-84

pjm-84

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just ordered a 180DSG Cali with a few toys for March 2015 (Thanks Bounty40) and thought I better say a "premature" Hello

The forum has been a great source of information and particularly helpful in the purchase. (I'm not sure I would have looked on DTD for a discounted price and it was useful for negotiating a better deal ). Ended up going with Reflex Silver for the colour with the silver cascavel wheel (Based on Cuba's Cali for sale :thumb )

I'm keeping most parts of my anatomy crossed for trouble free motoring and hoping that the roof corrosion issue has finally been resolved with the latest builds. :crazy

Paul

hello and welcome :hello

Hi Paul; looks like we will become new Cali 'parents' at the same time next year :D
Welcome to the forum; as you say, lots of great advice on here and I agree about finding DtD - I think I've ended up with a great deal from my local dealership, thanks to the advice on here :thumb
I wonder if your shopping list for your Cali is growing as long as mine! :lol:

Maud

I have the bungee and the electric hook up on the list! The wife on the other hand may have more expensive plans for the kitchen and storage side of things.

Interesting about your dealer experience. We were also offered 5% as a last offering from our local so ordered and bought that afternoon from another dealer 250miles away. I wonder if the further discount is the last stage sales ploy?

Ended up paying £300 more than DTD price but happy because we can have a March 2015 vehicle

Sugar, better add the padded ground sheet to the list......

Hi Paul,

I have a much longer list, but then mine already includes lots of lovely girly bits too :D Having said that, I made my first official Cali purchase today and it is certainly not pretty - a little fold-flat step because I won't be able to reach the roof!

It sounds like we did have a similar experience with dealers, although my local dealer offered 5% from the start and then doubled this as a final offer which I was more than happy to accept - it meant I didn't have to make the 200mile round trip to the other dealer, although they had matched the DtD price so, like you, I ended up paying around £300 more in the end. I am really happy with the service received though so I'm one happy bunny now :D

Maud

P.S. don't forget to name him/her!

The dealer has now ordered it! I think my final change in spec today may have prompted this.

I have now gone with Candy White, added xenon headlights (because the Wife liked the little running lights :headbang ) , added the silver awning option for the tour pack, and amended the wheels to anthracite cascavels.

Hi Paul, did the dealer tell you that it would take a couple of weeks before they placed the order? My dealer phoned me about 30 minutes after I left the dealership (I wasn't even home yet) to say that he was in the process of placing the order but I couldn't have the wheel/tyre combination I requested, then I had an email from him the following day to say that the order had all gone through with my predicted build date. I've never ordered a new vehicle before so assumed this was normal, but I wonder if it's more typical for it to take a while and if there is a sensible reason for delaying?

I'm glad to hear it is all underway now - and we will have matching wheels!
I wonder whose will get to the UK first?! :D

Maud

I can only assume my dealer sat on my order trying to judge a March 1st delivery date.

He did mention that it may turn up prior to the 1st March as I suspect once built VW sends them out.

The vehicles I've ordered in the past have always been date driven. This is the first time I've come across a build week in regards to a vehicle, although I haven't bought new now for a few year as I'm getting tight in my old age.

This will be my first white vehicle!

I was told week 3 for predicted build week and my dealer therefore expects it to arrive in Suffolk at the beginning of February (as you say, VW presumably ship them out as soon as they are built). This means she will be waiting for a few weeks until March 1st but I can go and look at her, and they have a big secure compound that he showed me around so I know where she will sit whilst awaiting registration. It makes sense that your dealer has waited to try to get as close as possible to a March delivery though. I do wonder what will happen if mine arrives significantly earlier than expected... presumably I can still request a March 1st registration and will just have to accept that it is waiting in the compound for a long time! Have you been given a predicted build week?

Having never bought new before (it's only the 3rd vehicle I have bought at all), it is exciting to know when it is being built and that it is being made specifically for ME :D

I think the anthracite wheels and silver awning will look great on a white Cali!

Maud

Awaiting a build week and the amended invoice....

One month to go.

Today I have joined the C&C club. Have booked my first weekend away in the Lakes for the Easter Weekend, My Volvo has gone on Autotrader (I normally P/EX but was offered a poor trade in) and sold this evening, (maybe too cheap). Things are moving.....

Me too! Booked for collection and handover March 6th.