Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dukinfield dreamer

H

HistoryBob

Guest User
I've been ploughing my way through all the topics on the forum hoping to pick up a few tips. Just ordered a new Cali 180DSG for delivery 1st April. Can't wait but maybe I should delay pickup till after 12noon. Looking forward to meeting some of you on the farm if I have mastered the controls by then. Chose a silver Cali to match my hair (I'm a fashion icon). Not camped out for over 50years.
One question. With only two burners, how do you folks toast the bread?

Have Fun. ;)

HistoryBob

Welcome. You are right to be concerned about the toast issue, it is extremely serious.

Luckily we have various methods of making toast. One of these from Gelert works okay ish:

http://goo.gl/SX71t

I toasted some Ciabattas recently in a dry frying pan. That worked well.

The best method is to use a toasting fork over an open fire ;)

dan

Thanks Dan
Toasting fork over an open fire hey. Things have really moved on in the last 50 years. We used to use a twig :D

Dukinfield in the Soviet Republic of Tameside? ;)

Picking my Cali up on Monday, a week earlier than expected. Did you know that you can tax a new car/van for 12months and a week? Just have to hope the weather settles a bit as its up in the Lake District. The anticipation really gets to you doesn't it?
Have Fun

Well I finally took delivery of my Cali. I had a fantastic drive from the Lakes down the M6/M61 into Manchester. I hadn't realised just how good a ride Calis are. I also realised they like to drink fuel at an alarming rate. I've spent the evening reading the manuals ready for a good day of investigation tomorrow.
This is a 180 BiTDI DSG, metallic silver, awning, privassy glass, MFSW, climatronic AC, DAB radio, mud flaps, cruise control and Trobos protection coating. Later this week it's down to have RNS510 DAB radio, Bluetooth, F&R parking sensors and rear view camera.

Nice one Bob :thumb ENJOY.

Somewhere under a rainbowFirst weekend away went swimmingly. Just 4 miles from home in case I needed anything.
Finally got my rear end in place (see picture)

Have Fun

Bob

image.jpg image.jpg

The Dukinfield Dreamer strikes again
I set off for COTF at 9.15 this morning (Thursday) with the idea I would break the journey with a nights stay at a pub on the way. Got as far as Nottingham only to find I had lost my bank card. Quick call to Morrisons in Dukinfield established I had left it in the reader at the check out. Turned round and drove back, picked the card up and I am now spending the night at home. Early start tomorrow hopefully with everything needed.
Must put in for a new memory module
Quick quote on Senior Moments (I know that's what you're thinking I had).
Apparently we all have these senior moments ( old and young alike ). It's only as you get older that you have the age and expereance to recognise them. :thumb
Have Fun
Bob

Oh dear Bob. I battled against the wind with a similar plan and am now in Surrey. It's wet and miserable so hope the weather is going to pick up for the weekend.
You'll have to stash some cash for such emergencies.
Pete

I did have cash. It was just the thought of my card being sent back to the bank and the per lava of getting it back that turned me round.

Have Fun
Bob

Back