Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nearly New California and Warranty

P

Pegsinho

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi folks,

First time posting here having got a lot of valuable information, so thanks for that. We are looking at buying our first camper shortly (an Ocean). With the order book slamming closed yesterday our options are now something that has been ordered in already and awaiting delivery, something already in stock, or something used. There are plenty around still and I've got my eye on a couple which have all the options I would like.

One of them is a December 2023 registration (although basically brand new, delivery miles). The dealer has said the van doesn't come with the 5 year warranty and servicing because it was registered in December, however my understanding was that this offer started before then, though I could be wrong. Can anyone confirm whether they would expect a December 2023 registered vehicle to have the 5+ promise? And if not, what is the standard warranty on one of these? Presumably 3 years (but no servicing). It's not a dealbreaker particularly, but I want to make sure I'm fully informed.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi we ordered ours on the first day of the 5+ offer and our van arrived in the UK between Xmas and New Year and was registered at the beginning of January 2024. Hope this provides some sort of perspective.

Thanks GM, can you remember when the first day of the offer was?

Sorry for hijacking the thread but kinda related…I’ll shortly be selling my July-registered Ocean and I paid for the extended warranty. Does anyone know if that carries over to the new owner?

While I was searching for my query I'm pretty sure a post mentioned that the extended warranty would be a good future selling point so I would think so. Standard manufacturer warranties usually stay with the vehicle if you sell within the period.

Hi, the 5yr offers will be for retail registrations, a dealer self registered unit will not qualify for them. I think you should still be able to buy an extended warranty.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but kinda related…I’ll shortly be selling my July-registered Ocean and I paid for the extended warranty. Does anyone know if that carries over to the new owner?
Yes

Hi folks,

First time posting here having got a lot of valuable information, so thanks for that. We are looking at buying our first camper shortly (an Ocean). With the order book slamming closed yesterday our options are now something that has been ordered in already and awaiting delivery, something already in stock, or something used. There are plenty around still and I've got my eye on a couple which have all the options I would like.

One of them is a December 2023 registration (although basically brand new, delivery miles). The dealer has said the van doesn't come with the 5 year warranty and servicing because it was registered in December, however my understanding was that this offer started before then, though I could be wrong. Can anyone confirm whether they would expect a December 2023 registered vehicle to have the 5+ promise? And if not, what is the standard warranty on one of these? Presumably 3 years (but no servicing). It's not a dealbreaker particularly, but I want to make sure I'm fully informed.

Thanks for any advice.
The vehicle might have been registered in December but when was it ordered? That would be the determining factor.

Thanks both, I will explore the extended warranty option.
Also a good idea to read this thread with regard to dealer acknowledgement and warranty etc.

Thanks Larry, I have read that thread from start to finish. It's a bit concerning, but I'm sure it will be resolved, and if not, this is going to be a long term buy so I'm not averse to 'fixing' it myself with a waterproofing agent if required.

Well, drop me a PM if you’d be interested in a Fortana Red 150DSG Ocean with less than 1,000 miles on the clock, 4 years and 4 months remaining on the warranty and bellows that I can genuinely say haven’t leaked since I had the first set replaced. I placed an order for a GC on Monday so will also get around to advertising it properly on here soon enough ;)

Last edited:
Well, drop me a PM if you’d be interested in a Fortana Red 150DSG Ocean with less than 1,000 miles on the clock, 4 years and 4 months remaining on the warranty and bellows that I can genuinely say haven’t leaked since I had the first set replaced. I placed an order for a GC on Monday so will also get around to advertising it properly on here soon enough ;)

Thanks Jimmy but I am set on Ascot with the sports pack :cool:

Back