Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Naked Door

California_Clarky

California_Clarky

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I am looking at fitting sound deadening to the front doors of my Cali and wanted to plan how I would do it before removing the door panels - does anyone have pictures of the inside of the 61. Cali doors with the door trim removed

TIA

i'm about to do it on my T6. mixed ideas suggest it's better to stick it behind the window regulator on the metal skin which is tricky. some have good results sticking it to the door card and refitting it straight back on. thats easier obviously. try u tube

Might be some pictures on Alpine speaker thread, thinking of buying these speakers myself and will fit dodo mat at same time

IMG_20200110_155835.jpg
T6, but I think it will be the same as the T5, up to the T6.1.
First you have to remove the door card, then you will have to take the window apart from the regulator. Then undo all the 10mm bolts, undo all the wires, undo the lock, and take the plate with lock out completely.
Nice job, but a bit hard if you don't really have the knowledge. Maybe someone posted a film on u tube?

View attachment 122434
T6, but I think it will be the same as the T5, up to the T6.1.
First you have to remove the door card, then you will have to take the window apart from the regulator. Then undo all the 10mm bolts, undo all the wires, undo the lock, and take the plate with lock out completely.
Nice job, but a bit hard if you don't really have the knowledge. Maybe someone posted a film on u tube?
Yes. You gaffa tape the window shut and lower the regulator down out of the way watching for the bolts as they pass the access holes.

I am looking at fitting sound deadening to the front doors of my Cali and wanted to plan how I would do it before removing the door panels - does anyone have pictures of the inside of the 61. Cali doors with the door trim removed

TIA
Fitted sound deadening to my T6 Ocean front doors. Did it by removing the speakers, which I was upgrading. Full access to the outside skin not necessary. The biggest pact you can fit thought this hole is enough to change the doors harmonic frequency