Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mystery foam block...?

LPGoodwood

LPGoodwood

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Whilst away in Norfolk a couple of weeks ago, my wife found a grey foam block, ( ~30mm cube), on the floor in the void under/behind the rear seat....so behind the drawer I guess. It's obviously fallen in there from somewhere. One face has an adhesive coating, so it's come unstuck. Typically these type of hi density blocks are used to stop things moving and vibrating, or as a distance spacer.

....possibly a co-incidence, but I have noticed a (new ) rattling behind my right ear now when driving. Its either in the b-pillar or the sliding door. I'm wondering if the block has fallen out of where the table clicks in. It's not loose but maybe mechanism is behind the panel.

Any suggestions ? Probs has happened to other T6.1s (there's no such thing as a one-off in the world of automotive quality):)

I know, I know, "post a photo".... I will if I remember and can find it again.

Whilst away in Norfolk a couple of weeks ago, my wife found a grey foam block, ( ~30mm cube), on the floor in the void under/behind the rear seat....so behind the drawer I guess. It's obviously fallen in there from somewhere. One face has an adhesive coating, so it's come unstuck. Typically these type of hi density blocks are used to stop things moving and vibrating, or as a distance spacer.

....possibly a co-incidence, but I have noticed a (new ) rattling behind my right ear now when driving. Its either in the b-pillar or the sliding door. I'm wondering if the block has fallen out of where the table clicks in. It's not loose but maybe mechanism is behind the panel.

Any suggestions ? Probs has happened to other T6.1s (there's no such thing as a one-off in the world of automotive quality):)

It sounds like the separator used between the camping chairs. Mine is always dropping out.

The rattle behind your right ear is probably the awning.

The rattle behind your right ear is probably the awning.
Yup, you're right. The front of the closing flap is quite loose compare to the rear next to the winding mech. Maybe if i ram the mystery foam block in there....2 birds 1 stone :)

Back