Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Music Festivals?

Absolutely!
Shrewsbury always seems to have an excellent line up, though haven't made it there yet.
This year we have tickets for http://www.endoftheroadfestival.com/ and No direction home . Last year we went to http://www.towerseyfestival.com/ which was lovely and the not so small but also fab WOMAD.
I am so looking forward to not having to lug tents and loads of gear this year :) one of our many justifications for buying a Cali!

We have always enjoyed the Shrewsbury/Bridgenorth festivals and have been going for about 7 years. We are not sock and sandal; tankard carrying; beardy folkers... we just like the vibe. It can get a little twiddle-ee-dee at times but the bar is fantastic!! Shrewsbury is a short walk (free bus) away and is a fabulous town.
The other two are Fri/Sat gigs so no worries on getting back for w**k. Line ups for EOTR and NDH look fabulous though....Justin Townes Earle and The Low Anthem would do it for me on both!!

Previously we've done Cambridge (crowded), Rhythm (nicely odd) and Cropredy (wet) and are looking at the Cali revisit these over the next couple of years till we dont worry about said w**k!!

I have a tankard! Loads better than wobbly plastic cups (no beard though :) :) ) always great music at EOTR and a really friendly vibe -def my favourite festival.

Whilst plastic, the "glasses" at Shrewsbury are fine. They do put a deposit on them so you end up with kids scavenging...grrr!! tbh I have looked at tankards and people say the beer tastes better but I reckon it's just another thing to lose!

I went to "Rock En Seine" in Paris which was on the August BH last year.
A very cool affair, with a phenominal venue only a 5-10 minute walk from a Paris Metro station, brilliant bands (Foo Fighters, Kid Cudi and Seasick Steve were the highpoints for the Friday) and also free nearly on-road parking as all of the public pay and display bays are free during August.
If we get a Cali, by then we will be there again this year for the full three days.
Luke

Now we have taken the plunge We are planning on getting to some of the blues festivals and it's going to be so much nicer not having to pitch a tent.

Steve

Maryport is always a good one and we wil also be getting up to burnley too. A d we will be doing a google search to find others.
Big lovers of blues music so will try to get to as many as we can. And the odd folk bash too.

Steve

GayEric said:
If a few of us want to get together i am game if diary allows

There are a few already in this thread where people have identified they will be attending. Given there is a cost implication it might not be an ideal "Meet" but more a low key thing. I expect if a couple of Calis turn up they'd say "Hi".
We are doing the festivals we have mentioned with a group of friends.

Linton festival looks like a good one to do. . fairly sure I will get to that one. Just got to make sure that the OH has no plans and then i'll get it booked up.
If you like a bit of blues check out http://www.maryportblues.co.uk/ there is no listing up yet for this year but it is always a good line up with some of the bigger names in Blues music.

Maryport is on the weekend of 27th - 29th July

I'm particularly looking forward to Big Country and the Saw Doctors. We normally sit in our back garden and listen as we don't live far from the venue but its a weekend away in the van and will be the closest to home that we've ever camped (other than the driveway!)

Camp Bestival

We are definately doing Camp Bestival this year. Promised we would go last year and the IronMan got in the way (my sister not me)/ No date clash this year and the Monday's are playing - so we will be there! :D

We are off to (in order)

1. WOMAD Charlton Park (Got Tickets)
27th – 29th July 2012

2. Fairport's Cropredy Convention (Have to get tickets)
9-11 August 2012 I'm an Oxfordshire lad, been every year since 1987

3.Shrewsbury Folk Festival (Got Tickets)
24,25,26 & 27 August 2012

4. Bromyard Folk Festival (Have to get tickets)
7th, 8th & 9th September 2012

Fin

HI, Fin -

I think we met at Bletchingdon - just before a visit to Brugge, we stayed at Camping Memling on your recommendation - it was great, thanks!

Maybe see you at Cropredy!

Mark&Liz

Californiaman said:
HI, Fin -

I think we met at Bletchingdon - just before a visit to Brugge, we stayed at Camping Memling on your recommendation - it was great, thanks!

Maybe see you at Cropredy!

Mark&Liz

Yes I do remember meeting you (probably forgot your faces though, sorry) hope all is well with you? I recall that you thought that you had ventured a short distance to get to the Bletchingdon meet until I told you that we had travelled about 6-7 miles from Merton :p

Glad that you liked Camping Memling, I know that the pitches are a little tight, well I suppose they are when you are sandwiched in between the larger motorhomes, but the facilities are great and the location is bang on for central Brugge, btw when we were last there a few months back they were building another shower/toilet block so should be even better.

Got a good place to stay that is extremely handy for central Brussels now which is 15 mins walk from centre and v.secure, if you are off over that way again soon I can point you in the right direction.

We'll definately be at Cropredy with a large bunch of friends and in our new California (we got it last month, it is Oct 2011 reg)

Fin