Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MTBing and Californias...

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Tonight is my first night ride using the van to get me there. Easier to get it in than the Defender and completely lined with tarpaulin!

The thought of sticking a mud splattered bike into a new Cali does somewhat worry me, but hey ho, that's partly what it's for!

Fingers crossed!

Wrapped in an old blanket they will be ok. They are generally to expensive to have on the outside in my opinion.

All fine! Very easy to stick a bike inside!

Shame my rather expensive light died only 40 minutes into the ride so the usual 16 mile ride was halved. Been reliable for two years now being a pain.

Did you slide the rear seat forwards and take the parcel shelf out? A friend mentioned he had seen fork holders that went in the rails and held bikes upright with the front wheels out.

Yep! We leave the rear shelf out for general use. Didn't need a wheel holder although I do have one. It fitted perfectly!

I always keep the bike outside the van on the tow bar rack, much better solution. I treated myself to a Hope R4 LED this year for night riding. Love the diffused beam. Really good for hacking through woods in the dark safely.

Back