Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Marine Parade Dover - overnight stop

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We normally park up on Marine Parade Dover before getting an early ferry to France. I understand the Dover Council have introduced a £10.00 overnight charge for motorhomes now - does anyone know if this also applies to campervans - many thanks

We normally park up on Marine Parade Dover before getting an early ferry to France. I understand the Dover Council have introduced a £10.00 overnight charge for motorhomes now - does anyone know if this also applies to campervans - many thanks
Might be worth a call to the council.

Motor Home Parking​

Motorhome parking in the Dover district is available in some of our car parks providing the length of the motorhome does not exceed the maximum length of a single parking bay.

If the length of the motorhome exceeds the length of a single bay, then parking is available at Maison Dieu Car Park where vehicles can occupy two bays. However, the vehicles must clearly display two current pay and display tickets. Motorhomes must not park in bays specifically designated for other users (coach parking bays, taxi ranks, bus stops etc).

Motorhomes/caravans are no longer permitted to park on Marine Parade, Dover between 9am - 6pm. However, overnight parking for motorhomes/caravans is permitted and is chargeable. A £10 fee is payable at the machines on Marine Parade.

Contact Parking Services​

Tel: 01304 872459

Email: parking@dover.gov.uk

I would say the distinction between a motorhome and campervan is probably lost on most people and Dover District Council ...

£10 will be cheaper than a fine.

I would say the distinction between a motorhome and campervan is probably lost on most people and Dover District Council ...
Seeing as both are defined as " Motor Caravan " by DVLA I doubt it.

Back