Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Manchester airport picking up arrivals

timber

timber

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
My 84 Year old Sister is due to arrive at Man. Airport from Canada, and I want to pick her up with the Cali. . Would it be best for her to phone my mobile when ready, after being through all the check/baggage etc. I will probably park a short distance away in Pub or Caf'e
I do not want to park up in the Airport or allow other drivers to park for me. The charges get quite steep if the plane is delayed???
Regards to all Cali fans
Timber

My 84 Year old Sister is due to arrive at Man. Airport from Canada, and I want to pick her up with the Cali. . Would it be best for her to phone my mobile when ready, after being through all the check/baggage etc. I will probably park a short distance away in Pub or Caf'e
I do not want to park up in the Airport or allow other drivers to park for me. The charges get quite steep if the plane is delayed???
Regards to all Cali fans
Timber

WHAT?????

John

They are making it increasingly difficult to do this, so you need to go a little further out. I parked at Camperlands (camping shop local) and zoomed in from there. 10 mins max, probably 5.

Many thanks T4WFA
Not used to all this malarky, I did hear it was difficult,!!! when to picking a person up ,can you drive straight to arrivals ?? or some place close by
Sister is not too good on her legs, so I do not want her to walk too far.
Regards Timber
John Towers:sad
No need to shout, I am not deaf, just a little backward.:):happy

I know at T2 you can, and it's in the open air. T1 is undercover and I think you are better meeting her on the arrivals level. I've not done this one in a while so hopefully someone will confirm. T3 - no idea I'm afraid, but there will be a way.

I always go in a taxi so I don't pay attention, sorry!
Himself goes to pick up his parents from time to time and parks in the short stay to pick them up. If you watch for it to land then allow 30 mins before pick up time you should be able to minimise parking charges.
Finding the entrance to the right car park is really tricky though. It's very easy to aim for wrong way up a one way bit... Just saying.
There is a pub on the airport road which you might be able to wait there or JohnLewis Cheadle

If you want somewhere near to park and wait nearby head for the Premier inn on Runger Lane, there are two North & South the north has a Costa. They are 2 minutes drive from the terminals and you don't have to pay to park. When you know her plane has landed just head along Runger Lane then Thorley Lane to the airport, there is plenty of short stay parking.

Many thanks T4 Skylark,and Bigmac. At least I now have some idea what to do.
It appears I should have posted my question in the Chit Chat Forum.

Edit.... I clearly put this in the wrong place....

I would advise anyone contemplating an e-bike to try lifting one on and off the vw bike rack. I believe this sport will be incorporated into the next Olympics.....

Last edited:
I would advise anyone contemplating an e-bike to try lifting one on and off the vw bike rack. I believe this sport will be incorporated into the next Olympics.....
Great post wrong thread!

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Back