Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LHD California

P

Phoebe

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi, I'm trying to find a LHD California, not too old. I'm off to travel round Europe for a few months. Is importing one the only option and if so who would you recommend I go to.

Never had a problem driving abroad with a right hand drive Cali.
I would rather drive a few months on the wrong side and then have the correct side for the rest of the time.

Thanks for reply. Only problem is that I believe I will be relocating permanently which is why I need the LHD. So, any advise would be gratefully received.

There are a couple listed in the For Sale section, not sure how old the ads are.

Also a couple on a we'll known auction site. A silver one not obviously advertised as LHD

Thanks for reply. Only problem is that I believe I will be relocating permanently which is why I need the LHD. So, any advise would be gratefully received.

In that case LHD is the right way to go. Good luck with the search.

Holland an Germany have a large Cali 2nd hand market , you could consider to start the trip with buying one on the mainland....

Not sure why you would want to import a Cali into the Uk and then export it again?

Last time I looked Bilbo Camper vans are selling one. We were looking for a conversion from them and saw the Cali. The rest as they say is history. Ours was LHD, been brilliant and Bilbo did a great job on some warranty work.

If you are moving yo one of he EU countries and plan to stay more than 6 months, you will have to import the car there and change the registration plates to local ones. So, I suggest you better find one there or buy in Germany and import it there. What country are yo going to?

Back