Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kenwood DNX525 - watching films/DVD

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
We had the DNX525 fitted a few months back, all seems good, I've got the following questions if anyone can answer (can't seem to find the answer online or in the instructions)

With our old RNS310 head unit we used to plug in a laptop via the glovebox AUX IN socket so when we watched a DVD on the laptop, the sound would come through the Cali audio system. With the new ken wood unit the AUX IN socket doesn't work so I assume there isn't a connection for it.
We do now have an HDMI socket in the glove box and a USB socket.
I've tried connections to the laptop with both these without any success getting sound amplification through the head unit

The USB seems to charge my iPhone, but it connects to the head unit via Bluetooth to stream music

The HDMI socket connected to the laptop will 'mirror' the laptop screen, but again, no sound amplification

Have tried playing with the input settings via the menu but it's showing a 'locked' symbol and whatever changes I make still doesn't allow sound amplification.

I don't want to watch a dvd on the head unit, I want to watch a film from the rear compartment of the Cali with sound amplification via the head unit.

Any one got any ideas????

Have you tried selecting external speakers in your laptops sound settings. That's what I have to to when connecting my laptop to a TV via HDMI cable.

I don't own the unit but at a guess you need to
Have you tried selecting external speakers in your laptops sound settings. That's what I have to to when connecting my laptop to a TV via HDMI cable.

Correct ^