Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just Joined.

Garion 312

Garion 312

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello,
I took early retirement last year and have been loooking at getting a conversion. I realised that if I am going to do this, a California would be the way to go.
I am completely new to all this so steep learning curve ahead.
I will be seeking lots of help from all you lovely people, I am sure.
Thank you.

Welcome along Garion. Is it just you or do you have company?

There's lots of lovely options in the classifieds section. ;)

Ahem.....myself and wife of 30 years. Although I do not think she is so convinced about this as I am......

Ahem.....myself and wife of 30 years. Although I do not think she is so convinced about this as I am......
Excellent. Have you considered hiring one in an effort to persuade her?

A lot of people find this really helpful so that you can try out options before deciding on a specification or starting a search for one.

Whatever you decide, they are great vehicles and you'll regret having not done it a lot sooner.

All the best.

Welcome on board , once on this forum ....little chance you will go the conversion way ....

Hiring is a very good idea. Do you have any recommendations for anywhere realible in the N.E. London/ Essex area that have Californias?

Click on the "Hire" link in the grey navigation bar. There's bound to one nearby :thumb

Forgot to add... some dealers do California Hire and if you end up buying a new van from them they give you the hire charge back.

Thank you. Just got off the phone from one of them.

Hi Garion 312 :welcome

You’ve got lots of bed time reading ahead haha

From experience, get the OH to go and see test ride a couple, she’ll soon be on board ( that’s Other Half not Old Hag)
As said by previous posters, hiring is a good way to try before ya buy

Research, research, research to work out how you’ll use it, what model is right for your particular circumstances etc.

Good luck , ask away ?