Itchy feet / read bad back.

Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Can someone please stop me watching videos about larger Man and Hymer camper vans. (Not)
In 3 years I haven’t had any issues with height barriers.
Dont have a problem with width.
But need a small run around to go to 5 work sites in UK and airport.
Maybe an old Skoda Fabia? That will do 60mpg.
Or a SVAG that’s comfy.
Finding the Transporter lack of height adjustment is wearing my poor 3x damaged areas in my back getting worse and worse.

And then go for a Sven or Hymer.
Something where the seat height can be adjusted into a proper arm chair comfort.
But then will it be parked up for longer, but who cares as monthly car allowance will be paying it.

Anyone know what that means?

I think I distilled that as the OP has to drive to work sites and potentially spend a long time driving in doing so, with the Cali's non-height adjustable (or general seating) comfort lacking. I think.

If the OP doesn't need to ever swivel the driver seat, can it be swapped out for a height adjustable one? A lot cheaper I'm sure than buying a car . . .

Fabia's (as the example cited) are good on long journeys; I had a 1.9TDi one many years ago and regularly did 400 miles a day in it - very comfy, my dad had one until recently (a more recent one) and again long journeys were no problem. Modern small cars (other than the bona fide city cars like the Aygo, Up! etc.) are surprisingly competent on long motorway journeys.

I think I distilled that as the OP has to drive to work sites and potentially spend a long time driving in doing so, with the Cali's non-height adjustable (or general seating) comfort lacking. I think.

If the OP doesn't need to ever swivel the driver seat, can it be swapped out for a height adjustable one? A lot cheaper I'm sure than buying a car . . .

Fabia's (as the example cited) are good on long journeys; I had a 1.9TDi one many years ago and regularly did 400 miles a day in it - very comfy, my dad had one until recently (a more recent one) and again long journeys were no problem. Modern small cars (other than the bona fide city cars like the Aygo, Up! etc.) are surprisingly competent on long motorway journeys.
Your not an archaeologist are you :Iamsorry

Anyone know what that means?
:) which part needs translating ?
Itchy feet means I’m getting bored with it.
But also I have a bad back. Actually 3 parts of my back are either prolapsed, bust a T9 and fractured an end plate on T12
The California is no motorway cruiser, with its current seat position.
The more motorway miles I do the worse my back is becoming.
I used to travel a lot abroad, for the last 10 years, but getting more machines in the UK means more more motorway miles and less Airmiles.

I’m in a conundrum and am reaching out for potential ideas…

Never knew this seat swap out could be done!
Never swivel drivers seat as it’s a PIA to do
Would you happen to know which seat can be purchased ?
Is it a transport one or any seat from VAG ?
I guess it’s just 4 bolts holding the rail down.
Could try an A8 seat with lumbar and height adjustment ?

The New California has combined swivel and height adjustable seats.

The New California has combined swivel and height adjustable seats.
Blinking heck, I’ll have to test drive one.
Or maybe find someone who orders one and swap the drivers seat without them noticing.
When are you getting yours ;)

Have a search on here for swivelgate. I think the height adjustable, non turning seat was called Comfort, a factory option for a short while. An aftermarket adapter plate to allow it to turn was available too.

Try a GC - height adjustable & lumbar support goes up and down as well as in & out
Watching the Sven Hedin Camper and it looks like a nice bit of kit. Just need to win the lottery so I can have both :thumb

Back