Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Issue with manual sliding door

V

Vinnievan

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Evening all, I have a VW California SE and have an issue with the sliding door where it seems to be catching multiple times when opening and closing. I think one of the kids slammed the sliding door back too hard and since then the door is not sliding smoothly.

It also looks like the electric connector (for the assisted close) is rubbing in its opposite receiver when the door closes. The door does close, but it’s not a smooth function. There is no obvious adjustments that look like they need to be made.

Any help and advice is much appreciated

Dirt in the bottom "track"?

Dirt in the bottom "track"?
Thanks for the reply. I did check the tracks and they are clear. In the tracks there are holes where the screws sit in and it almost seems like part of the mechanism is catching on these holes. The door was running smooth before today and the only thing I can think is that the door was opened too forcefully

I have the electric side door. However I assume apart from the automation they are the same

There is a roller on the bottom track which I assume take most of the door weight. My dogs sometimes flip up small stones when jumping in. Quick clean and clean the wheels on the roller by moving the door back and forward (slowly) seems to do the trick.

I have the electric side door. However I assume apart from the automation they are the same

There is a roller on the bottom track which I assume take most of the door weight. My dogs sometimes flip up small stones when jumping in. Quick clean and clean the wheels on the roller by moving the door back and forward (slowly) seems to do the trick.
Thank you, very helpful. I have cleaned and greased the rollers and channels but the door is still catching multiple times. I think it is possibly out of alignment or one of the roller mechanisms is bent?
I am meant to go away in the van for 2 weeks today so I’m trying to find a work around as I won’t be able to get into have it looked at before

PM me your email address and I will send you the workshop information I have on the side door. The VW workshop manual is a constant crosslinking document ..........but hopefully it may offer some benefit.

Back