Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is it something to worry about?

S

SeismiChris

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Good afternoon everyone,

Yesterday morning (Thursday) I collected my California from Rackhams bodyshop in Ipswich after having £2500 of repairs, caused by some mindless morons!!!

Since collecting, I have noticed on the control display panel a picture of what looks like a vehicle with a temperature gauge alongside it flashing. Does anyone know what this may mean please. I have checked with the Supplement booklet that comes with the manual and it isn't at all clear. I also checked with the VW garage at Bury St Edmunds where I purchased the van, and they also don't seem to know the answer.

Many thanks in advance

Chris

Chris, Sorry, I can't help, but if you're able to take a pic and post it then one of the more experienced guys should be able to help :thumb

As per Alison's great idea, here is a photo of the control panel. The offending item is the one that is above the 90%

Display Control Panel.jpg

Thanks so much teeboy. Problem solved. Switched the ccu on and off twice and all is now cleared, brilliant!!!!
Did you have Bodywork repairs - including Paint Application?

If so, the vehicle may have been put in a Hot room to dry the paint, or exposed to Infra Red lamps- which may have triggered the Control Panel which can be set to show Ambient Temperature. Maybe it has a High Temperature Alarm?

Yes I did WelshGas, so I think you may well be on the right track, in fact the people at VW Bury St Edmunds said the same thing, but thought it would correct itself overnight and so I have shared the answer with them also.

Many thanks.

Chris

This thread is a great example of why this forum is so good. There are plenty of others too but this is one of the shorter ones.

Good afternoon everyone,

Yesterday morning (Thursday) I collected my California from Rackhams bodyshop in Ipswich after having £2500 of repairs, caused by some mindless morons!!!

Since collecting, I have noticed on the control display panel a picture of what looks like a vehicle with a temperature gauge alongside it flashing. Does anyone know what this may mean please. I have checked with the Supplement booklet that comes with the manual and it isn't at all clear. I also checked with the VW garage at Bury St Edmunds where I purchased the van, and they also don't seem to know the answer.

Many thanks in advance

Chris

So sorry to hear about your damage, Chris and Liz. So infuriating :headbang I'm glad to hear that the issue with the temperature gauge symbol has been resolved though and that you now have your Cali back to enjoy :thumb

Yes I did WelshGas, so I think you may well be on the right track, in fact the people at VW Bury St Edmunds said the same thing, but thought it would correct itself overnight and so I have shared the answer with them also.

Many thanks.

Chris
If you switch the Control Panel to "Ambient Temperature" Display , Found in the DISPLAY menu item, you will see the same icon top centre screen with the Temperature below. So I think what you saw was a High Temp Alarm which can only be reset by Switching Off the panel and probably waiting for at least 30secs before switching back on. I don't know what the alarm setting is though, probably in excess of 50c.

Thanks so much teeboy. Problem solved. Switched the ccu on and off twice and all is now cleared, brilliant!!!!
I are dumb and still relatively a newbie - what is the camping control unit? Where is it. What does it do?

I are dumb and still relatively a newbie - what is the camping control unit? Where is it. What does it do?
It's the control panel in the centre of the se fridge , roof, heater controls panel .

Hi Jeff,
Are you referring to the control panel at the top of the wind screen? The one that when I turn the knob, different options appear, such as raiding the top? I are dumb...

Hi Jeff,
Are you referring to the control panel at the top of the wind screen? The one that when I turn the knob, different options appear, such as raiding the top? I are dumb...
Yep that's the one ccu unit for sort .

Ahhh, penny dropped. Many thanks.

Great forum this and the people.

Back