Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

iPad charging

X

xkirkba

Has anyone worked out how to charge their iPAd from the Cali while travelling?

At present it is the main reason for having hookup at sites and it reduces choice and freedom. Your ideas would be most welcome. Thank you.

Depends on your stereo - I have the Kenwood unit and the Kenwood unit thinks it is an IPhone - you can even play music from your IPAD through your stereo. But it certainly charges.

(You need the Kenwood lead but you can cheat with an Apple Mac Cable and Aux LEad)

I've got a couple of white chargers but I don't think they charge the IPAD. I also have this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000TLSM6Y/r ... wo=&hvqmt=

Superb - sits in a 12v then you can either plug in the IPAD in or use the USB :) Whether you are moving or parked up. I got it because it sits in a cupholder and I have plenty of those in the Beach

Hope this helps

James

Yes, a USB charger thinghy in the 12v socket by the sink. iPad connected by a lead and tuck it in the pocket on rear of passenger seat.

We use a twin USB adapter in the cab's 12V socket whilst we're driving - or a single 2A one plugged into the one down the side of the bench seat.

Keeping the iPad charging on the move means it normally lasts a few days whilst we're on site. Though watching movies on it does seem to drop the battery by 40ish%.

What's your experience been so far?

Best wishes,
Steve

Thank you dear friends. We do not have the key wood but will try the USB and socket suggestions tomorrow.

Our experience so far is limited since only had the van since end of March. But I have travelled extensively in UK on a motorbike and am now showing some of those places to my dear wife. Needless to say you can't get to all the places in a Cali that you can on an all road bike but you can get to most and it is a brilliant travel tool. My only regrets are slight but I would have chosen 4wd as wet grass campsites are the most slippery surface after ice as we prove in the uk after every festival. Also I would have chosen the 180 instead of the 140. 140 is fine normally but loaded up mountains it feels sluggish and lacks the grunt to make some of the overtakes. However I am 95% happy and that is pretty good and we love it. Our dealer was not really good for buying a camper they really sell vans so not good at the camping side.

Thanks for your help guys.