Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance

Managed to put my 22 reg Coast on my Admiral multi car policy at £600 compared to £900 last year.

Got email today from Admiral about the 10 cheapest cars to insure:

IMG_4669.png

Well I'm in the market place now and somewhat shocked at my quotes. I spoke to AIB about change of vehicle from my 2007 T5 conversion which was £549 s, d & p only (extra £200 for business use) and renewed 25 March. Told them Cali Ocean and 67k and waited - poor girl said she was having a hard time trying to get figures under an extra £500 and that's witout business use (add 200 +) !! I had a quote from CAMC insurance and they came back at £850 but ended up with Comfort at £536 which didn't need tracker and did give me business cover. So even paying cancellation fee I've still potentially saved about £570 over AIB - goodness knows why and I'd been with them 9 years, each year beating others!

Just had my renewal come through from VW - following on from the initial years free insurance offer - £1,221 ☹️ Tried a few other places which were even worse.
Then tried Comfort £711 - so they get my vote, and money !
I should add thats with just me as sole driver, clean driving history, a Vodafone S5 tracker, and stored off road at home.

Just had my renewal come through from VW - following on from the initial years free insurance offer - £1,221 ☹️ Tried a few other places which were even worse.
Then tried Comfort £711 - so they get my vote, and money !
I should add thats with just me as sole driver, clean driving history, a Vodafone S5 tracker, and stored off road at home.
Postcodes have a serious effect on premiums - I know for a fact we have a very low crime score where we live.

For my high top 2018 High Top conversion valued at £50000 with 10k insurance miles social and domestic + EU for myself and my wife CMAC came in at £450. I am happy with that.

Postcodes have a serious effect on premiums - I know for a fact we have a very low crime score where we live.
My postcode is a C risk rated area on the A to F scale that the insurance companies apparently use (A being lowest risk).
I meant to add in my original reply that if it hadn’t been for this forum then I doubt I would ever have found Comfort

My postcode is a C risk rated area on the A to F scale that the insurance companies apparently use (A being lowest risk).
I meant to add in my original reply that if it hadn’t been for this forum then I doubt I would ever have found Comfort
Same here about comfort.

For my high top 2018 High Top conversion valued at £50000 with 10k insurance miles social and domestic + EU for myself and my wife CMAC came in at £450. I am happy with that.
How interesting - I had a quote from CAMC insurers - had to call them due to value and they came back with £890 whereas Comfort, who I found easy to speak with, came back at £536. My original AIB sadly wanted an extra 400 or so ontop of what I was paying for my 2007 T5 Conversion so that'd been around £1100 - the girl simply apologised.

Just had our renewal come from LV and pleasantly surprised it was only £543. I mean its gone up from £379 but not as much as I was dreading reading some peoples comments!