Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Identifying the aux heating fuse on Cali ocean T6.1 2020 150PS

Hulio3387

Hulio3387

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
1711967506018.png
Please assist there are loads of threads about fuse layouts but none seen to specifically identify the aux heater fuse which I believe will be under the passenger seat as per the below picture of mine. I am not a mechanic so I need layperson language please, I think from other less trusted resources it is the one (20amp) on the far left of the picture please can anyone assist.

View attachment 121268
Please assist there are loads of threads about fuse layouts but none seen to specifically identify the aux heater fuse which I believe will be under the passenger seat as per the below picture of mine. I am not a mechanic so I need layperson language please, I think from other less trusted resources it is the one (20amp) on the far left of the picture please can anyone assist.
Q1, Why? What is the problem?

Had a problem with aux heating not working over a weekend camp, tried all the usual things blocked inlet, amount of fuel nothing seemed to work just wondered if fuse had blown ? Remote sends command control unit says it’s on but no fan working ?

Just read a thread about run time error which has blown my mind.

Here is the fuse layout. Your statement above regarding the remote suggests that you were using the heat immediately function instead of the camping function. The immediate function is meant to be used briefly to warm the car before driving in cold weather. It blocks itself if you run it for over an accumulated time of 120 minutes without actually driving off. If this happens and you keep trying to restart the heater, there is a risk of crashing the control unit. If this happens you have to remove and reinsert the 4 fuses pictured below.
When camping you need to use the continuous heating function and the heater will work for as long as you want it to (and there is battery and fuel). This function is not accessible via the remote fob.
page11image24791488.png

That explains everything in terms I can understand, we are not normally cold weather campers but we have a 5 week tour in Europe and are going through the alps twice when we might need the heater.

Thanks very much for you help

Just read a thread about run time error which has blown my mind.
I guess you were using Heat Immediate via the Remote Control rather than Heat Continuous via Control Panel?

Yes my fault we have not had to use the heating very often but lesson learnt

Thanks

Back