Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I want a beach!

Z

zippi

Hello all,

Pleased I found this place! I'm pretty much decided on a Beach but can't quite stretch to a new o e, so am waiting for the right used one.

We have a busy summer (plans through till mid sept) so plan to be sensible and wait till the summer is over to buy one to get a better deal??

Oh and we must get to see one first I suppose! - I have done so much research tho that I don't feel I need to although my wife does!! :D

Cheers!

zippi said:
Hello all,

Pleased I found this place! I'm pretty much decided on a Beach but can't quite stretch to a new o e, so am waiting for the right used one.

We have a busy summer (plans through till mid sept) so plan to be sensible and wait till the summer is over to buy one to get a better deal??

Oh and we must get to see one first I suppose! - I have done so much research tho that I don't feel I need to although my wife does!! :D

Cheers!

Where are you based?

Research to confirm what version you want, three seater bench or two seater bench is important as they can be very different vans when you own one :)

If you're close by to one of us then maybe we could arrange to show you one :)

James

Definitely worth viewing them as they're not all the same.

A significant difference that isn't explained well in the brochures is the 2 seat vs 3 seat bench.

2 seat is very flat - makes a great bed but not so great seats.
3 seat is more curvy - makes a less good bed but nice seats.
The 3 seat bed is higher so the multiflex board is also higher in the boot.

Also - I think you need to decide whether you want any extra seats in the middle - if you do, don't assume you can cheaply retro-fit as I believe it's a huge expense - floor out, new rails in etc.

Good luck!

Hi, I'm in Swindon, (work in Bristol) - pretty sure I want the two seat for the extra storage and the better bed. I have two kids (2 and 6) - one is a wheelchair user - so I do need to see one to work out what the options are for wheelchair storage! (Oh I have a wife as well!)

:thanks

You sound like you're at exactly the same stage as me! I've been doing loads of research (helped by the kind members of the forum!) and am actually going to go and get my first proper look around one on Wednesday...can't wait! I'm even taking half a day off work to go and see it - I'm so excited!
I have a sense that my Volvo is about to go expensively wrong and can't wait to trade it in for a Beach...

I may end up buying new in order to get the spec I want but will go for a demo if I can find one -the dealer in Guildford is waiting for theirs to come in but it's been delayed and not likely to arrive for 6 weeks :-( thankfully they've pointed me in the direction of someone who has one locally who is going to let me take a look at theirs! I'm not sure there are that many floating around?

Anyway, good luck with your research & buying!
Jane

zippi said:
Hi, I'm in Swindon, (work in Bristol) - pretty sure I want the two seat for the extra storage and the better bed. I have two kids (2 and 6) - one is a wheelchair user - so I do need to see one to work out what the options are for wheelchair storage! (Oh I have a wife as well!)

:thanks

I am not far from Exeter - hardly close close but not far from Bristol - you're welcome anytime to look at mine - although I have a three seater.

As Custardtart said - do read this forum about owner experiences regarding the two seater and three seater - in particular things like the multiflex board.

James

maui2512 said:
You sound like you're at exactly the same stage as me! I've been doing loads of research (helped by the kind members of the forum!) and am actually going to go and get my first proper look around one on Wednesday...can't wait! I'm even taking half a day off work to go and see it - I'm so excited!
I have a sense that my Volvo is about to go expensively wrong and can't wait to trade it in for a Beach...

I may end up buying new in order to get the spec I want but will go for a demo if I can find one -the dealer in Guildford is waiting for theirs to come in but it's been delayed and not likely to arrive for 6 weeks :-( thankfully they've pointed me in the direction of someone who has one locally who is going to let me take a look at theirs! I'm not sure there are that many floating around?

Jane

Jane

That sounds good :)

Be careful of dealer demos - some dealers will charge way over the odds - also, be careful because some dealers will expect you to pay a big price for certain options on their demos.

You'll notice that as you look round dealer groups tend have 'favourite' options on their demo Beaches - this can be good and bad.

James

James said:
maui2512 said:

Jane

Jane

Be careful of dealer demos - some dealers will charge way over the odds - also, be careful because some dealers will expect you to pay a big price for certain options on their demos.

You'll notice that as you look round dealer groups tend have 'favourite' options on their demo Beaches - this can be good and bad.

James
Hi James
Yes, I had that sense from reading some earlier posts...I'm more tempted to buy new (if I can stand the wait!) so that I can get my own spec, and also get better finance rates...really the only down side (besides the obvious cost issue) is the long wait list...not sure i have the patience but I think I am more likely to go that route). I guess with it being fairly new still that aren't really that many used ones around - I certainly haven't come across many on my searches!
J

maui2512 said:
James said:
maui2512 said:

Jane

Jane

James
Hi James
Yes, I had that sense from reading some earlier posts...I'm more tempted to buy new (if I can stand the wait!) so that I can get my own spec, and also get better finance rates...really the only down side (besides the obvious cost issue) is the long wait list...not sure i have the patience but I think I am more likely to go that route). I guess with it being fairly new still that aren't really that many used ones around - I certainly haven't come across many on my searches!
J

Dealer Demos unless you are lucky will be a compromise unless you really don't mind your spec. As I said in my earlier post, dealers will sometimes expect you to pay more for certain options, so dealer demos can be a good price and a good way to buy (I did) but you will probably have to sacrifice something you want or pay to have things put in afters. Buy from factory of course eliminates this but what you may miss out on is the dealer demo Beach at a good price. I think it's hard to argue against ordering from the factory if that is something you can do.

Equipment and spec is always personal but somethings to watch out for on dealer demos,

Climtronic - good system, very good to have on a Beach imho
Privacy Glass - you should expect this.
Parking Sensors
Sat Nav 310 - not the 510 system but often seems to be fitted to demo Beaches
Multi Function Steering Wheel
Fogs

Parking Heater many would argue is a must - that is become more readily available now.

If I was buying now that is what I would be expecting from a deal demo and dependent on other factors I would not be looking to spend any more than 35k and more around 30 - 33k mark.

James

I am still waiting for my Beach.I found reading as many reports and magazines as possible helped me make the right choice(hopefully) The guys at Liecester Van Centre were very helpful as well

Back