Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I feel cut off!

BikerGran

BikerGran

Growing old disgracefully
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
There are very few forums available now, most of them, like this one, associated with a vehicle or hobby of some sort, because Facebook has taken over and I for one use it to keep in touch with friends all over UK and elsewhere. I don't suppose I'm the only one here - so what we do when it goes down? Meta owns everything now, so it's not just Facebook that's down, it's everything that's owned by Meta, which seems pretty much like everything! Instagram, Messenger. Where can I go just to chat to people?

There are very few forums available now, most of them, like this one, associated with a vehicle or hobby of some sort, because Facebook has taken over and I for one use it to keep in touch with friends all over UK and elsewhere. I don't suppose I'm the only one here - so what we do when it goes down? Meta owns everything now, so it's not just Facebook that's down, it's everything that's owned by Meta, which seems pretty much like everything! Instagram, Messenger. Where can I go just to chat to people?
Write them a letter. I love receiving a letter from a friend/relation. It means they have actually thought about the receiver and constructed something personal.

Write them a letter. I love receiving a letter from a friend/relation. It means they have actually thought about the receiver and constructed something personal.
Great idea! Trouble is, most of them were biking friends - it's taken me a while to sort out who's who as I knew most of them by nicknames, but I have no idea of their addresses!

Great idea! Trouble is, most of them were biking friends - it's taken me a while to sort out who's who as I knew most of them by nicknames, but I have no idea of their addresses!
Ask?

Well I hope this forum never goes the Facebook way…… I hate Facebook and Instagram…… the only reason I use them is for a group of boat owners on Facebook and my daughter on Instagram. As soon as the boat is sold….. Facebook goes! As for Instagram, I’ll need to give my daughter notice (even then we still have to use bl@#dy WhatsApp :eek:

Can’t answer your question, but you could try and come to the club meets that are happening this year. Lots of chatting will definitely be on the agenda

If you don’t know their names or where they live then it doesn’t sound like they were anything more than an acquaintance?

Aren’t Amazon looking to buy the PO?

If that happens we’re properly f***ed!

A bar somewhere warm and sunny. If your knowledge of the local lingo fails you could always talk to ex-pats if desperate!

We use WhatsApp. You can form groups so that everyone in the group can see what is going on.
Our voluntary driver Caregroup, who take people to medical appointments now use it and, speaking as a driver and my wife as a previous coordinato, it is a great improvement on our previous system

We use WhatsApp. You can form groups so that everyone in the group can see what is going on.
Our voluntary driver Caregroup, who take people to medical appointments now use it and, speaking as a driver and my wife as a previous coordinato, it is a great improvement on our previous system
I share your misgivings about Meta. I tried to get my family to use Signal as an alternative but they are not willing to move away from Whatsapp.

Back