Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello. I'm new. Do the advert cliches work?

Wild camping conjures up wonderful thoughts of a remote, beautiful and very peaceful spot miles from anywhere.
Well so far, the only occasion that we have wild camped was in what we thought were the remote depths of Northamptonshire. We were on our way to the Dales and set off very late after an evening engagement. Having run out of steam, we found a very quite country lane with a very wide verge, switched off the engine and went to bed.
The only problem was we were actually only quarter of a mile from the A1(M).
We might as well have camped on the central reservation!

Great video . Need to visit a beach soon .
Walking on Exmoor/Dartmoor & surfing/ body boarding on the North Devon / North Cornwall ,our favourite things to do . We are very fortunate to live in the South West.

The start of this little video was a wild camp, you will see a farmer in the first few seconds, he didn't bat an eye lid and just waved and smiled. I also had a police car pull up a short distance away from our van about 3am, It did wake us because of the noise and headlights but they just ran our plate and left us alone didnt even attempt to wake us.

Leave no mess behind, pick a sensible spot and be respectful and you will be fine most of the time.
That's a great video, brought back some memories for me, used to do quite a bit of kiting on and off beaches (ie in the water!), mainly paragliding now but still got lots of kites lying around!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wild (or more accurately, informal) camping is a bit of a minefield. Here in Scotland it's widely tolerated although the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park has just extended its March to October byelaw banning lochside camping, and opposition is growing among a number of communities (particularly on smaller islands). The issues tend not be to caused by considerate campervanners like us but groups out for a party on a Saturday night or people over-staying their welcome.

I frequently camp beside the roadside when I'm out climbing hills or whatever. I've never been moved on but was unable to wild camp on Colonsay after they clamped down on it. Unfortunately I've fairly often been horrified at the way other people sometimes abuse this privilege ...

These are the rules and 'dos and don'ts' as they apply in Scotland (at least, as I understand them - it is a real minefield) http://wildaboutscotland.com/2014/11/30/wild-camping-in-scotland-camper-vans-and-motorhomes/.

Parked in the Parc Natural des Camargues in southern France (Montpellier) last night. Specially choose an area that was not signposted private property, others roads around there were. After I stopped i spotted a car with a searchlight driving around, clearly looking for something!! That went on for a couple of hours, eventually they disappeared after having been down every possible road except the one I was on!! I don't know if they were looking for me or were out hunting or similar... Clearly I would have moved on if they had told me to. Got up to a beautiful sunrise this morning though!!

b389ad7fd27277fb641a1d54b45faa13.jpg

f82d2cff006e061c009e9b3a2644ff51.jpg

ed1f18d0df70c5c1cffdf5a6362b13ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk