Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello everyone.

parrots mum

Life at the Edinburgh CC
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
This should have been written back in May when we first took delivery of a new Reflex Silver Cali SE/ 140. Downsizing, from a slightly larger T5 based motorhome we had, wasn't going to happen for a few years, then my husband was told that his cancer had returned and he was on 'borrowed time'. Years ago, whilst living/working in Germany we had a VW Joker and loved it, tho' we often 'hitched a ride' behind lorries as the engine was seriously underpowered.We kept the Joker for ten years and have had three conversions, two British,one Italian, all on T5's, since then.The Brit conversions left an awful lot to be desired.Our last conversion (Italian) was very good with only minor problems, and we were sorry to see it go, but----
A new Cali is just the thing to keep me on the road so I can get away to either visit friends or go places. I can cope with everything on board, though I have yet to try putting the Cali Topper on.I shall practice doing this at home first. It lives in a nice warm garage attached to the house and is used as my general run about (I now do all the driving).
Some of my friends think I'm a bit mad to even think about going off on my own (OAP/female)but as I shall be pitching on Caravan Club sites, or similar, It's not a problem. I'm not a fan of hotels, preferring to self cater.
Finally, no one (yet) has recognised my campervan status and the waving has stopped.No I'm not upset about this.
I hope to get my lovely husband away for a few days next month whilst he's able. Wish me luck.

Hi welcome along. We have many members who camp on their own with no problems at all
Just enjoy yourself.i always wave at other t5's sometimes with no response much to the amusement of my wife. Great colour by the way :thumb

Welcome and all the very best of luck!

Thank you to those who replied to my introduction. As Calikev reminded me lots of people go away on their own. We've noticed quite a few during our travels and it's good to see people, of all ages, just carrying on enjoying what they're doing.
Safe driving.