Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ham radio antennas and mounting them

G

G3WRT

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I am a radio ham. I want to mount an antenna for HF and VHF operation and I wonder if anyone has got this sketch sorted? in which case I would love to hear. Also where to conveniently get a 25amp direct supply and cables into the cabin sensibly and suitably fused. Thats for the 100W transceiver.

I am a radio ham. I want to mount an antenna for HF and VHF operation and I wonder if anyone has got this sketch sorted? in which case I would love to hear. Also where to conveniently get a 25amp direct supply and cables into the cabin sensibly and suitably fused. Thats for the 100W transceiver.
Hi Bud working on this myself, I have been doing a bit of prototyping with a 3 printer. I have some brackets that use the near side awning rail, the idea the mast/antenna is mounted down along the awning rail then put vertical when using. Early days but I am leaning towards making a slide in bracket for the awning rail and mounting a propriety mobile antenna mount I got from Nagoya that will do the horizontal to vertical bit. Have a T6.1 and the LED interior lights seem to give off a fair bit RFI and so does the cheap tv I bought Mrs W. I will get a photo laterzScreenshot 2021-07-25 at 09.22.22.png

Hi, I have a California now but had a T5 conversion before with both HF and VHF radios mounted. The antenna is easy, on each side of the tailgate I put a mobile mount from Martin Lynch, have a look at the pic. And then I have comet single band antenna for HF and a 2/70 for VHF on the other side. Hope that makes sense.

You need one of these

And one of these

IMG_1237.jpg