Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gutted - Coolant bypass valve fault

amacken

amacken

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Absolutely gutted, my wife and I have been planning a trip to Lewis and Harris for the last year, due to travel tomorrow. Unfortunately, last week my Ocean was showing an intermittent dash fault which, after diagnosis by AA VW techie, turned out to be a coolant bypass valve fault (P26B100) (apparently it first registered in Aug 2023 but has never shown up on the dash until last week). Called the garage straight away who were really good (Crowsons in Spalding) and they managed to get it booked in for repair this morning. Arrived promptly and the parts company had failed to deliver the part. Unbelievable! Holiday gone, hundreds of pounds wasted :mad:

Absolutely gutted, my wife and I have been planning a trip to Lewis and Harris for the last year, due to travel tomorrow. Unfortunately, last week my Ocean was showing an intermittent dash fault which, after diagnosis by AA VW techie, turned out to be a coolant bypass valve fault (P26B100) (apparently it first registered in Aug 2023 but has never shown up on the dash until last week). Called the garage straight away who were really good (Crowsons in Spalding) and they managed to get it booked in for repair this morning. Arrived promptly and the parts company had failed to deliver the part. Unbelievable! Holiday gone, hundreds of pounds wasted :mad:
Sorry to hear.
If the vans under warranty have you tried VW assist providing a hire van?
I have read of others actually having vw assist change it on the drive for them.
Is it a red or orange warning light. If orange just carry on driving.

I have previously found VW assist pretty helpful at times in this sort of situation, nothing to loose by giving them a ring & seeing if they can do anything.

Sorry to hear.
If the vans under warranty have you tried VW assist providing a hire van?
I have read of others actually having vw assist change it on the drive for them.
Is it a red or orange warning light. If orange just carry on driving.

I have previously found VW assist pretty helpful at times in this sort of situation, nothing to loose by giving them a ring & seeing if they can do anything.
Thanks Andy, I’ll give VW Assist a ring. It was VW Assist that called out AA (VW technician) to diagnose the fault and he said he wasn’t happy to carry out repair on the driveway, insisted it be driven to garage.

When I called out VW Assist they sent AA man who said that they (AA) weren't permitted to fit warranty parts but would fit if I paid for the part. job was reassigned back to VW Assist but it took a week to get the job done.