Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Good picnic/chill out spots within reach of Bristol

Gazbibelots1860

Gazbibelots1860

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Looking for some nice picturesque spots within about 40 mins from Bristol we could go and have a picnic and chill for the day with the kids.

Ideally looking for somewhere grassy not beachy, and would need to be safe for the kids (so not a roadside stop).

I guess a low key campsite would be ok if they’d let us hung them a few kid for stopping (would have toilets for the kids then too!)

Thanks

Looking for some nice picturesque spots within about 40 mins from Bristol we could go and have a picnic and chill for the day with the kids.

Ideally looking for somewhere grassy not beachy, and would need to be safe for the kids (so not a roadside stop).

I guess a low key campsite would be ok if they’d let us hung them a few kid for stopping (would have toilets for the kids then too!)

Thanks
Ashton Court Country Park.

Chew Valley is nice, but overnighting is an issue. The Bath Chew Valley caravan park, and Gosswood Park Campsite are both adults only. Our son and daughter-in-law live in the area, and we have been looking for a place we could camp and have them join us for the day with our granddaughter. So far, Cheddar Mendip Heights (a CCC site) looks like being the closest. It’s 35 minutes south of central Bristol. We’ve booked the site for a few days in May, so I’ll let you know what it’s like.

Haha thanks, that’s a bit too close though (just a 20 min walk!)

Chew Valley is nice, but overnighting is an issue. The Bath Chew Valley caravan park, and Gosswood Park Campsite are both adults only. Our son and daughter-in-law live in the area, and we have been looking for a place we could camp and have them join us for the day with our granddaughter. So far, Cheddar Mendip Heights (a CCC site) looks like being the closest. It’s 35 minutes south of central Bristol. We’ve booked the site for a few days in May, so I’ll let you know what it’s like.
Ah great thanks