Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Glow plug light flashing....???

R

roadrunner 45

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
hello ,

Driving home from work and glow plug light started flashing , could someone tell me the cause ?
Do I have to take it to the main dealer and get it connected and is it safe to drive?

Thanks for your help.

I believe it means there is a fault somewhere in the engine management system and it needs a diagnostic tool plugged in to tell you what the fault is. Oddly I don't believe it's anything to do with the glow plug. System just uses this one to warn you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 16 in my manual then page 325.
"The engine should be checked by a qualified workshop as soon as possible"

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had it recent on my 2012 T5 140bhp , read here
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/orange-warning-lights.1473/#post-219143

I was told it can be caused by very diffrent reasons , even a broken thirth breaklight can be one of the reasons for giving a flaching coil , reading the manual bringing you to the point to have it checked at the dealer....
You need to diagnost it to see what faults come up.

Thanks for the information.
I have booked it in at the main dealer for diagnostic test.... but it is quite expensive, is this the best option?

I had this about 6 years ago on my Cali, it turned out to be a faulty brake light lamp. Also had it on my passat and it was the same thing, but had also blown the brake light 10a fuse.

Thanks for the information.
I have booked it in at the main dealer for diagnostic test.... but it is quite expensive, is this the best option?
I'm presuming your not under warranty. If that is the case have a look on the thread for someone near you with a dongle. Putting Carista in search should do it.

Mike

Back