Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas leak

J

Jimboy

VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
Gas leak The brand new 680 van has been with the dealer for longer now than in my possession be it eleven days they have replaced the regulator , but the gas is still leaking what can one do .

The van should have been checked at the factory as gas safe. If it is leaking from somewhere then it really needs a registered gas engineer to resolve who can then issue a gas certificate. The dealers don't normally have gas-safe registered engineers on staff so they would likely need to call on a 3rd party to do that work.

Gas leak The brand new 680 van has been with the dealer for longer now than in my possession be it eleven days they have replaced the regulator , but the gas is still leaking what can one do .
Have you tried with another gas bottle.
Normally all the pipework, joints taps will be checked at the factory but not the regulator and of course not the gas cylinder you supplied.

Little bit of detergent and water in a spray bottle would be the first thing I’d try from the bottle / regulator then along the hose as far as you can get access to. Then around the isolator valve and any other fittings.

The van should have been checked at the factory as gas safe. If it is leaking from somewhere then it really needs a registered gas engineer to resolve who can then issue a gas certificate. The dealers don't normally have gas-safe registered engineers on staff so they would likely need to call on a 3rd party to do that work.
Have you tried with another gas bottle.
Normally all the pipework, joints taps will be checked at the factory but not the regulator and of course not the gas cylinder you supplied.
Hi yes l have tried another bottle thanks

Little bit of detergent and water in a spray bottle would be the first thing I’d try from the bottle / regulator then along the hose as far as you can get access to. Then around the isolator valve and any other fittings.
Agree. Tracing a gas leak isn’t difficult imo. You just need sight of the fittings and a spray bottle with a weak detergent solution.