Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front near side Bridgestone all season

Kenisted

Kenisted

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Last week I asked the service manager at my VW dealership to take a look at my front near side tyre to see if he thought the tracking was out
His reply was, Californias all wear like this as the weight loads up on the edge when turning
What are members thoughts on this please

IMG_1689.jpeg

Looks fairly normal wear pattern to me. Not much tread left across the whole tyre anyway unless pic is deceptive.

Shoulder wear on fronts will obvs depend on what type of driving you mainly do. Even a short distance on a rough nadgery track will take the edges off very quickly.

Never had a Cali tyre wear like that……

Front tyres wear up like this to an extent, but not that bad.
What speeds do you take corners at?
What tyre pressure do you put on?
This seems a bit too excessive to be normal imo.

Personally, I'd just take it to a tyre and exhaust place and get the tracking checked, you will know for sure rather than people guessing either way.

My front offside was worse than that at 8k miles but I put it down to most of the mileage being done in France with the heavier weight of the 4Motion and full luggage. Swapped fronts to rear to get back to UK but the only problem was both rears had already had puncture repairs done in France. The Bridgestones seemed a good all round tyre and more than adequate in snow and ice. It’s just a pity they seem to be susceptible to punctures in the rear due to sharp stones getting stuck in the tread blocks and the front sidewall wear. By the time I got home they had covered 11k and still had 4 - 5 mm tread left but I changed them for cross climates for peace of mind. The tracking was checked with the new tyres and just needed a minor adjustment. Based on reports here and elsewhere the factory fit Bridgestone all season tyres seem to suffer from pictures and excessive front sidewall wear so yet another VW cost saving exercise to the detriment of quality.

Hopefully this answers most
My wife an I are both gentle drivers and take bends at a slow pace due to the wallowing
It’s fitted with awful Bridgestone all season tyres and done 17000 miles with 4 blow outs and two punctures
Today I went to a tyre garage that I trust and has always give good solid advice, he said the same as VW dealer, Californias all scrub the outer edge front near side
After suffering Bridgestones for 15 months I bit the bullet and had Continental all seasons fitted all round today

Back