Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge Opener VW T6.1 California Ocean

I

Ian Callender

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I was wondering if anybody in the UK had availability to something like these - https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1530991168/fridge-opener-vw-t61-california-ocean?ref=cart (fridge opener for the California Ocean T6.1).

As I nominally drive with the fridge door open (when not in use); I'm thinking this would stop any damage occurring (or irritating knocking).

I note they are available from Germany; however, the postage is nearly as much as the bit of plastic

Any help would be appreciated.
Ian

Attachments

• Fridge Opener.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
I just put a tea towel over the lock. Keeps the top slightly open and no knocks while driving.
I appreciate the 'simple' solution; however, having anything hanging out just means I get earache as my better half likes 'clean lines', hence the hours of googling.

If you have or know someone with a 3D printer its a free printable donwload from here.

If you have or know someone with a 3D printer its a free printable donwload from here.
That’s a great find; now I’ve got a new challenge, make friends with someone with a printer.
Thank you very much, I’ll check out some of my contacts - I think they’re getting quite common. Again thank you.

That’s a great find; now I’ve got a new challenge, make friends with someone with a printer.
Thank you very much, I’ll check out some of my contacts - I think they’re getting quite common. Again thank you.
@Ian Callender I would be interested in one (in grey or white) if you wanted to share any 3D print set up costs, others likewise perhaps.

This is what I did, got a family member to 3D print a couple. Work perfectly for keeping fridge vented while not in use. Very secure when in place.

I was wondering if anybody in the UK had availability to something like these - https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1530991168/fridge-opener-vw-t61-california-ocean?ref=cart (fridge opener for the California Ocean T6.1).

As I nominally drive with the fridge door open (when not in use); I'm thinking this would stop any damage occurring (or irritating knocking).

I note they are available from Germany; however, the postage is nearly as much as the bit of plastic

Any help would be appreciated.
Ian
Just found these on eBay; fridge opener and hooks for a tenner.

IMG_9811.jpeg

Just ordered, thank you @Ian Callender
Just hope they’re ok; although I’m not expecting much for a tenner (that was almost the cost of postage of the others).

There are a lot of utterly bonkers things on this forum but this has to be top 5.

There are a lot of utterly bonkers things on this forum but this has to be top 5.
I must be bonkers then too, as apart from changing “nominally” (which may well have meant to be ‘normally’) to ‘occasionally’ I agree with @Ian Callender. My wife and dislike smelly fridges and the best way to avoid that is leave the door open when the fridge is not powered and in use.

Just leave it open when the van isn’t being used. That’s all that’s required.

You can buy this on e bay
Hangers and fridge clip

Last edited:
Back