Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Finally…..got there...

B

BigPritch

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Well, its taken a few years, but we are now proud owners of a T5 Cali….
To say we are excited is an understatement, and we can now go away with our friends (who are owners & members here), and feel equal..lol.
Thankfully I’ve noticed a distinct lack of accessories and ‘shiny’ things available for Cali’s…….not that I would ever go down that route…….honestly luv LOL

Well, its taken a few years, but we are now proud owners of a T5 Cali….
To say we are excited is an understatement, and we can now go away with our friends (who are owners & members here), and feel equal..lol.
Thankfully I’ve noticed a distinct lack of accessories and ‘shiny’ things available for Cali’s…….not that I would ever go down that route…….honestly luv LOL
Welcome to the family.
Lack of shiny things? I think not :eek:
Though you will find that anything designed for or even just compatible with a Cali seems to attract of premium price.

Well, sorry to say that was VERY short lived.
Found out that the Cali we were buying had the 180 CFC Engine.
Did my checks, once I knew the engine no (once I'd paid the deposit), and lo & behold....definitely one of the affected engines (coming up to 60K)
No it had not had anything done to the EGR, no it had not been blanked off,.....but its got the FSH....
Wouldn't have it that there may have been an issue....
Dealer we were buying it from told me I was 'worrying about nothing, lots of cars have design faults'.
'Youve also got 3 years Full Warranty, that covers all mechanical parts', but was very silent when I asked whether it included replacing the engine,turbo,EGR.

So its back to the drawing board, wiser, but out of pocket.....

Back