Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extra seats cost

P

PhilSut1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Does anyone know what VW are charging for extra seats for the Cali these days. The most recent thread I can find about this on here is from 2012!
Thank you, Phil

I think the cost from VW as part of a new vehicle order is around 450, including the necessary addition of the 3rd rail in the floor. Not sure how much if you wanted to order one through the parts department.

Does anyone know what VW are charging for extra seats for the Cali these days. The most recent thread I can find about this on here is from 2012!
Thank you, Phil
Around £2k each (!!) if purchased new from VW Parts dept, but far cheaper if ordered with a new van.

They go for between £150 - £650 Secondhand.

If buying a 4 seater unseen with the intention of adding an extra seat, note that the T6.1 does not come with the required extra rail on an Ocean or Coast as standard - EVEN IF THE SPEC SHEET SAYS PREPARATION FOR 5TH SEAT!!!!!!

@andyinluton out of interest, do you know how that happens? I know there is, or at least was, an option to spec a 3rd rail on a T6.1 Ocean without ordering a fifth seat. It was around £95 IIRC. Are there different codes here - one successfully adding the third rail and one not?

There were two paid for optional extras, just the extra rail & the seat with the rail.

When I bought our T6.1, I was specifically looking for a 5 seat Ocean, with the help of the dealer we pulled off a number of spec sheets for vans that were about to be released into the network by VW. A high proportion of the vans had “preparation for 5th seat” listed in the spec but upon visual inspection of the actual van there was no sign of the expected extra rail.
No one has ever come up with a sensible explanation as to what that preparation actually meant.

Having said that the spec sheets are not always right - our GC doesn’t show the extra bed on its spec sheet or a number of other minor bits but it’s definitely there & factory fitted.

Back