Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Excited!!!

LynandJim

LynandJim

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Just ordered our first campervan :) Have always been camping with a tent but decided to upgrade to VW California. Put our deposit down yesterday, getting it at the beginning of August. Can't wait to explore Great Britain with our dog.

Welcome along we went from tent camping to California luxury . No regrets

Hello Welcome
Bet that wait until August will drive you mad, especially every time you see a California out and about.

That's exciting. But August! . I thought the wait was about 4 months not six.

Welcome Lynandjim
Bet you can't wait until August
Like yourselfs I went from a tent to a cali, took awhile to rid a constant grin on my face.
A totally different concept having the van, I do miss my backpacking adventures though.
Wouldn't change back now
Happy days ahead. :bananadance :bananadance
Regards
Alan

Welcome , seems nearly every week one arrives here saying hey made a purchase...
Seems Cali-lovers are breeding well:cool:

Welcome ... but what a long wait!! You will have no nails left ... but you have a great joy to look forward to ...

Welcome Lynandjim
Bet you can't wait until August
Like yourselfs I went from a tent to a cali, took awhile to rid a constant grin on my face.
A totally different concept having the van, I do miss my backpacking adventures though.
Wouldn't change back now
Happy days ahead. :bananadance :bananadance
Regards
Alan
Hi Alan,
The test drive was brilliant , I love the feeling of being high up. This will be our only vehicle and can't wait to get exploring !!!

Hubby doesn't retire until end of July !!! Need retirement fund to pay for it lol.

Can't you sell him?

Get the Cali earlier and have more room as well?

You must love him to wait 6 months for a Cali

Welcome Lynn & Jim you won't be disappointed with your new baby!

Colin

Ah thanks everyone, trying not to get too excited as got a long wait, but will be buying a drive away tent soon and mosquito nets for the door and hatchback:)

Ah thanks everyone, trying not to get too excited as got a long wait, but will be buying a drive away tent soon and mosquito nets for the door and hatchback:)

A mosquito net??????

You've waited long enough for this Cali... all held up by poor old Jim having to work to pay for it ...

Now he's retired he has time to stand at the door and swat the mosquito's whilst you sit and drink the wine paid for with the money you saved ....

I know, it sounds funny , but we hope to tour around Scotland and after being bitten alive with midges last time I was there I am going to midge proof the van!!!!
You sound just like me Jen, I'm so looking forward to sitting with a glass of wine sitting with my feet up but it's not coming quick enough!!! Seen good nets on the brandrup website but I'm thinking is it silly to buy things now when I've got to wait until August!!!
I've also seen a good drive. Away awning :)

Don't tour the west coast of Scotland in August. It's hell. Clouds of them, all with chain saw mouths that saw through any mosquito net. East is ok, south west is passable, North west is Hell. Do it now,. I am there now, 11 degrees, sunny, no nasty insects, no traffic, Jim can bring you as much wine as you like without being disturbed by fending off plagues of the nastiest creatures on the planet ever invented.

Oh, I should also add, the roads on the West Coast of Scotland are excellent. Only one snag. They mostly come in only one-lane size. Today I drove 150 miles and at most saw 20 other vehicles an hour, and that was leaving tesco's.

tyre.jpg I should also add an add ...

This is what happens when you run on the shoulder of the narrow road ... ten minutes after this .....,.

This then happened, trying to avoid a sheep ...

Hell of a place to need recovery, both nearside tyres shredded

Just ordered our first campervan :) Have always been camping with a tent but decided to upgrade to VW California. Put our deposit down yesterday, getting it at the beginning of August. Can't wait to explore Great Britain with our dog.

Welcome!
We went from a tent to a Cali in December 2013 and have no regrets - love it. Only problem for us is that we both still work full time so don't get away in it as much as we'd like to but we didn't want to wait until we retired to start enjoying Cali life. :thumb

Woops Granny Jen, hope you don't have to wait too long for recovery!! :(

Oh no, hope you're ok, pesky sheep:(

I am still being recovered :oops:

The low loader can only come one way round on this road, this happened right at the end of the narrow, steep, hairpin part that is too tight for anything much longer than a cali so they had to come the long way round.

Currently nearly at the recovery garage, and they have been brilliant getting two new tyres, winters, shipped over from Inverness so they will be waiting when we get there ... and just reaching Ullapool now.