Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EGR valve and Cooler replacement

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
My 2016 150hp Beach 110k miles manual - has been using coolant over last few weeks - been diagnosed as requires a replacement EGR cooler and a good EGR clean. My question is do i go for a genuine VW replacement or replace with a Valeo or other non VW part. Has anyone any experience of the options ? These things are very expensive and almost treated as 'consumable' - reading some of the forum notes it seems 7 years and 110k miles is good going ?

Many thanks

My 2016 150hp Beach 110k miles manual - has been using coolant over last few weeks - been diagnosed as requires a replacement EGR cooler and a good EGR clean. My question is do i go for a genuine VW replacement or replace with a Valeo or other non VW part. Has anyone any experience of the options ? These things are very expensive and almost treated as 'consumable' - reading some of the forum notes it seems 7 years and 110k miles is good going ?

Many thanks
What’s the cost difference between OEM vs pattern ?

Im a VW tech, my advise would be to use genuine parts and rather than clean the EGR i would replace it.

Im a VW tech, my advise would be to use genuine parts and rather than clean the EGR i would replace it.
The OPs question was Replace with OEM or Pattern (Valeo)

Presumably the cleaning mentioned would be all the associated pipes etc.

Interested to know VW your reasoning, obviously don’t make the EGR, and it’s considered a consumable part by VW, so what’s the reason to go OEM at substantial additional cost vs quality Pattern ? Such as Valero, pierburg, hella, agr etc ?

Back