EcoFlow Delta 2 location

Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Anybody have an idea where to bolt / secure / store, don’t doesn’t kill us in case of an accident ?
Was thinking it’s not a safe place just placed behind the passenger seat on a long run.

Also how best to charge it in parallel with my 360w of power from Victron 100/20 that’s charging my 2x Lesuire batteries.
I’d like a fit and forget solution, not sure on the best method or placement or connection.

Anybody have an idea where to bolt / secure / store, don’t doesn’t kill us in case of an accident ?
Was thinking it’s not a safe place just placed behind the passenger seat on a long run.

Also how best to charge it in parallel with my 360w of power from Victron 100/20 that’s charging my 2x Lesuire batteries.
I’d like a fit and forget solution, not sure on the best method or placement or connection.
Can you run a lead from your ’load’ output on your Victron? I think you can arrange it via bluetooth to kick in when your batteries are at a certain level.

Can you run a lead from your ’load’ output on your Victron? I think you can arrange it via bluetooth to kick in when your batteries are at a certain level.
I have a fuse board connected to my “load” output.
The board powers my Wolf 3x 12v output box, which in turn powers my Spitz GliNet router, Switchbot router for temp gauge, phone chargers, laptop charger.
Board powers my Raspberry pi Venus for remote access to Victron.
And 12v to 48v Boondocker Dishy PSU. For Starlink.

I’m thinking the most power efficient way to charge up EFD2 is direct from solar panels.
But if my solar roof panels are connected to my Victron, I would need some form of splitter to divert PV from Victron to EDF2.
And I’d like it to be automatic.
I might email Victron and ask how they think is the best way.

I have a fuse board connected to my “load” output.
The board powers my Wolf 3x 12v output box, which in turn powers my Spitz GliNet router, Switchbot router for temp gauge, phone chargers, laptop charger.
Board powers my Raspberry pi Venus for remote access to Victron.
And 12v to 48v Boondocker Dishy PSU. For Starlink.

I’m thinking the most power efficient way to charge up EFD2 is direct from solar panels.
But if my solar roof panels are connected to my Victron, I would need some form of splitter to divert PV from Victron to EDF2.
And I’d like it to be automatic.
I might email Victron and ask how they think is the best way.
Are you a spy? :)

O/S rear boot. Charge from 12v socket . Use a 90o 12v plug?

I have a slide out boot tray, so no access to this 12v socket. Could use the other socket by the sliding door.
I would like to charge from Solar, but it’s getting messy.
And I’d like easy access to it for USB and 3pin socket for plugging stuff in.
I suppose I could put it on the sliding tray with an extension lead and long USB multi output socket sat on top of the shoe rack by the sliding door.
Then it’s safe and attached to the sliding tray in the boot.
Can access the SW via the BT to iPhone.
Good thoughts, thx @WelshGas

I have a slide out boot tray, so no access to this 12v socket. Could use the other socket by the sliding door.
I would like to charge from Solar, but it’s getting messy.
And I’d like easy access to it for USB and 3pin socket for plugging stuff in.
I suppose I could put it on the sliding tray with an extension lead and long USB multi output socket sat on top of the shoe rack by the sliding door.
Then it’s safe and attached to the sliding tray in the boot.
Can access the SW via the BT to iPhone.
Good thoughts, thx @WelshGas

We used one of these in the rear socket with the sliding tray.

IMG_0063.png

The 12V sockets are permanently live. I left my EF Delta 2 plugged in while I went exploring around town. Came back and found the cable really hot and the connector had melted at the EF D2 input. Not sure if this was due to defect in the EF wire or if the current was just too much for the time it took to charge up the EF. Something to consider and now I always leave it disconnected when I'm away from the Cali. And I had set the max input amperage to 6A. Something to consider, especially when stored out of sight in the boot. I keep mine between the front seats

In the boot socket?
Or the side socket so I can plug my sliding door boot holder USB plug in thing as well ?

The 12V sockets are permanently live. I left my EF Delta 2 plugged in while I went exploring around town. Came back and found the cable really hot and the connector had melted at the EF D2 input. Not sure if this was due to defect in the EF wire or if the current was just too much for the time it took to charge up the EF. Something to consider and now I always leave it disconnected when I'm away from the Cali. And I had set the max input amperage to 6A. Something to consider, especially when stored out of sight in the boot. I keep mine between the front seats
Yes, this, worry’s me the Chinese made EF ;)
If I put between the two front seats, I sometimes can’t get my leg over.
Tho, that would suit the wife nicely ;)
How’d you secure it in case of an accident ?

Yes, this, worry’s me the Chinese made EF ;)
If I put between the two front seats, I sometimes can’t get my leg over.
Tho, that would suit the wife nicely ;)
How’d you secure it in case of an accident ?
The only real concern would be a frontal impact in which case it will hit the dash. Not too concerned for front seated passengers. If someone was sitting in the rear (yet to happen) I would store it in the boot while traveling.

I have the River 2 Pro and I've got it set up like this in the boot, with the maximum charge set to 4A. I'm now thibnking it might be sensible to unplug it from the 12V socket when not camping.

I have the River 2 Pro and I've got it set up like this in the boot, with the maximum charge set to 4A. I'm now thibnking it might be sensible to unplug it from the 12V socket when not camping.
Or use a switchable 12v plug or in-line switch.

I generally strap mine down behind the drivers seat to the cargo rails on the floor, but that is far from a permanent solution as it has to be removed once we arrive at camp. Eventually I intend to integrate it into our slide out kitchen solution at the back of the van. This is an Aussie-spec Beach, hence no kitchen installed from factory.

Mine lives where the second draw would be, fits in there quite nicely. Haven’t strapped it down or anything but it hasn’t moved since I put it in.

Slight thread hijack, I’ve run a set of sockets through to the living area which are very useful for boiling a travel kettle on the seafront etc without having to faff with the gas. Only problem is that as the Delta 2 has a manual on/off, I have to go in to the boot and turn it on first. Has anyone found a smart solution for that? Was thinking a fingerbot like this might do it?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C49JJNP9/?tag=eliteelect-21

IMG_2827.jpeg

IMG_2990.jpeg

Mine lives where the second draw would be, fits in there quite nicely. Haven’t strapped it down or anything but it hasn’t moved since I put it in.

Slight thread hijack, I’ve run a set of sockets through to the living area which are very useful for boiling a travel kettle on the seafront etc without having to faff with the gas. Only problem is that as the Delta 2 has a manual on/off, I have to go in to the boot and turn it on first. Has anyone found a smart solution for that? Was thinking a fingerbot like this might do it?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C49JJNP9/?tag=eliteelect-21

View attachment 120853

View attachment 120854
I just turn mine on and off using the app? I have a very similar set up by the way, but the socket is velcroed to the bench seat.IMG_5688.jpeg

I just turn mine on and off using the app? I have a very similar set up by the way, but the socket is velcroed to the bench seat.View attachment 120855
Don’t you need to leave the unit powered ‘on’ all the time for the app to work? This is how my app looks, it only comes alive when I’ve turned the unit on with the manual button at the front. I would prefer to turn it off fully when it’s not in use.

IMG_2999.png

And yes, I already have the velcro ready to fix the socket to the bench seat :)

Don’t you need to leave the unit powered ‘on’ all the time for the app to work? This is how my app looks, it only comes alive when I’ve turned the unit on with the manual button at the front. I would prefer to turn it off fully when it’s not in use.

View attachment 120856

And yes, I already have the velcro ready to fix the socket to the bench seat :)
Yes sorry I misunderstood if the unit is turned off at the switch the app won’t work.

Yes sorry I misunderstood if the unit is turned off at the switch the app won’t work.
No worries. I just found a chap on the Ecoflow Facebook group who's set up a Fingerbot that he can control from his phone, have just pinged him to see how he's getting on with it. Not the most elegant solution but looks like it could do a job, causes me an issue with the cover though.

fingerbot.jpg

No worries. I just found a chap on the Ecoflow Facebook group who's set up a Fingerbot that he can control from his phone, have just pinged him to see how he's getting on with it. Not the most elegant solution but looks like it could do a job, causes me an issue with the cover though.

View attachment 120857
Is the fingerbot part of the Switchbot family?
If so, I already have Switchbot in and connected to my Spitx AX3000 router.
Godamnit, I love this forum.
Looks like we have a plan.
All I need now is some way of connecting the Delta2 to my 360w of PV on the roof.
But need to somehow split the input up so a bit goes to my Victron 100/20 and the other bit goes to EcoFlow.
Almost like I need some electronic wizardry that when then lesuire battery’s are full and on Float, then it diverts PV to Delta2.

Is the fingerbot part of the Switchbot family?
If so, I already have Switchbot in and connected to my Spitx AX3000 router.
Godamnit, I love this forum.
Looks like we have a plan.
All I need now is some way of connecting the Delta2 to my 360w of PV on the roof.
But need to somehow split the input up so a bit goes to my Victron 100/20 and the other bit goes to EcoFlow.
Almost like I need some electronic wizardry that when then lesuire battery’s are full and on Float, then it diverts PV to Delta2.
Like this?

I've been after an EcoFlow for ages.....

Why is it a little clicking finger robot is what's making my impulse purchase fingers twitch?!
Tech on tech is a winning combination :D

Chap on Facebook said the Fingerbot is performing flawlessly so tempted to pull the trigger at £23.99, it's got to be worth it for the convenience of being able to power appliances off-grid without needing to go round the back and open it up.

On reading the thread title I wondered whether Delta 2 might be a star in a distant universe.
I now realise that I need to learn to speak Klingon in order to understand the complexities of finding it's precise location. :Stig
BTW I checked my boot space and it isn't there...

:upsidedown

Back