Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Duvalay mattress topper

Pro moochers

Pro moochers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all

We’ve used our duvalay mattress topper for almost 3 years and still love it so, thought we’d share our thoughts in this video

Is this THE BEST Campervan mattress topper?? Duvalay review

Hi guys. Just seen you vid!
We have a new van on order and have added the Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat for around £330 ish.
Does this mattress topper replace that or goes on top?
Just thinking could save a few quid and it not be as bulky

Thanks again
Love the channel

Another great video from the "moochers" was thinking about a couple of Duvalay sleeping bags that have the same memory foam base in them, but this may be a better option with a normal duvet on top. Like the way this mattress folds up to take up minimal space. Keep the videos coming.

Hi guys. Just seen you vid!
We have a new van on order and have added the Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat for around £330 ish.
Does this mattress topper replace that or goes on top?
Just thinking could save a few quid and it not be as bulky

Thanks again
Love the channel

Hi
This would normally be used instead of the VW comfort mattress.

Thank you!

Another great video from the "moochers" was thinking about a couple of Duvalay sleeping bags that have the same memory foam base in them, but this may be a better option with a normal duvet on top. Like the way this mattress folds up to take up minimal space. Keep the videos coming.

Thanks a lot!
We considered the sleeping bags too but you’re restricted to bedding options.
We normally use a down sleeping bag in winter and a lightweight quilt in summer.
Just makes it feel a bit more like the bed at home.

We use Duvalay sleeping bag as they can be used singularly or as a pair, wouldn't be without them.

Thanks a lot!
We considered the sleeping bags too but you’re restricted to bedding options.
We normally use a down sleeping bag in winter and a lightweight quilt in summer.
Just makes it feel a bit more like the bed at home.
You can change the quilt within the Duvaly bag to whatever tog you wish, just like on your bed at home - best additional purchase we made for the van.

Hi all

We’ve used our duvalay mattress topper for almost 3 years and still love it so, thought we’d share our thoughts in this video

Do you have this mattress on top of the seats or is there another mattress there as well? I have a fold out matress (see pic) that came with the van and it folds down over the seats but I sill find it a bit uncomfortable.

Thank you

20170811_102424.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have this mattress on top of the seats or is there another mattress there as well? I have a fold out matress (see pic) that came with the van and it folds down over the seats but I sill find it a bit uncomfortable.

Thank you

View attachment 89176

We use our duvalay ontop of the lower seats, in place of your “comfort mattress” from VW

Hi all

What model/code number is it?
[/QUOTE]

Thanks

If you use the Duvalay you don't need an extra mattress over the seats as the Duvalay has its own mattress so you don't feel the joins! - a great nights sleep.

None of that horrible 'maggot in a tube tangle' feeling of a sleeping bag.

Only down side is that the Duvalay is a bit like a large sleeping bag when rolled up, so some may consider it bulky, but on the plus side as it has its own, albeit thin, mattress so you can take your Duvalay out of the van and use it in a tent, or on the floor of your mates house. I am not in the pay of Duvalay honest!

If you use the Duvalay you don't need an extra mattress over the seats as the Duvalay has its own mattress so you don't feel the joins! - a great nights sleep.

None of that horrible 'maggot in a tube tangle' feeling of a sleeping bag.

Only down side is that the Duvalay is a bit like a large sleeping bag when rolled up, so some may consider it bulky, but on the plus side as it has its own, albeit thin, mattress so you can take your Duvalay out of the van and use it in a tent, or on the floor of your mates house. I am not in the pay of Duvalay honest!
I can only find 66cm width Duvalays, ie singles. Do they make a double? Where did you get the one that fits downstairs bed?

I can only find 66cm width Duvalays, ie singles. Do they make a double? Where did you get the one that fits downstairs bed?
Put two singles side by side - you can either be 'friendly' and have the opening towards the other person, or 'less friendly' and have the opening away from the other person. It works!

Campervantastic offer the exact measurements for the California bed

Don’t forget that 2 smaller ones are much more flexible for storage than one wider one, ( like carrying a full van width carpet)
That tip I got from Duvalay

Hi all

Where did you get the parcel shelf cushion from? I would need to buy that as well as the topper.

Where did you get the parcel shelf cushion from? I would need to buy that as well as the topper.
Where is the blue cover from? Home-made?

We threw the Volkswagen Uncomfortable mattress out end of last year. Stuck a Dualay in with a Zone sleeper on top. The war office confirms many a good nights sleep.
Btw, not an air pump in sight...:headbang

We threw the Volkswagen Uncomfortable mattress out end of last year. Stuck a Dualay in with a Zone sleeper on top. The war office confirms many a good nights sleep.
Btw, not an air pump in sight...:headbang

If you can’t decide which to get, just get both

Back