Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dust in the closet of Ocean t6

AlpTourer12345

AlpTourer12345

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Recently we have been traveling a lot with our Ocean on gravel dusty roads. After that, I found a layer of dust inside the back closet. There has been a thin layer of dust also found in the drawer.

Has anyone experienced something similar and where could the dust come into the closet? How could this be fixed?

Thank you for the answers.

viber_image_2023-08-31_09-09-56-866.jpgviber_image_2023-08-31_09-10-00-703.jpg

Has noone had any similar issues like described? I contacted a local VW dealer asking the same question and they replied that the plastic box for the gas tank has the opening in the flor in case the gas would have leaked. I'm not sure that is the point where the dust could have entered the vehicle?

There are gaps at the top of the press near the ceiling. Between the overhead locker and the closet. If you drove with a window open and dust entered it could possily be blown to the rear inside and into your closet.

Has noone had any similar issues like described? I contacted a local VW dealer asking the same question and they replied that the plastic box for the gas tank has the opening in the flor in case the gas would have leaked. I'm not sure that is the point where the dust could have entered the vehicle?
Thats my best bet. So no residue in the gas bottle compartment?

I actually found where the dust was coming into the interior of the van. Actually, VW Garage did.
This is a secondhand T6 California, so I did not expect this. The garage found that hole where this electrical socket is. Originally this part is closed with a plastic that can be broken. I don't know what is the purpose of this preset, they did not know in the Garage either. I assume the purpose of it is to take an additional cable from the interior of the car to the outside. I'm glad it's not something major.

Anyway, I will use some silver tape to seal this hole and this should prevent the dust from coming in.

viber_image_2023-10-20_14-11-27-705.jpg

Back