Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DSG Sports Mode No More?

I got a Blue Spark Peddle Box and have it in normal mode / strength 2 and it’s brilliant. Love the Cali but it’s just dangerous trying to get out of junctions and they’ve neutered ann actually quite decent engine in the 150Ps I’ve got. This helps massively with the 4 second drive by wire throttle response and holds the gears a little longer making it more drivable.

I also have ST-XA coilovers and H&R anti roll bars and now I can drive along with normal traffic without being a hazard at junctions and having to slow down so much on corners. The combination means I can drive it like a car. I’d say the anti roll bars are the most important parts of the suspension change but also being able to get the car balanced again (huge sag on the rear) and more weight over the front really helps as well.

I’m amazed they let it out the factory with that suspension. Just look at the height difference on rear when you’ve got your bits in it
Bognor Motors?

Might sound a silly question, but can you go from D to S on the move, changing from one to another?

Having recently changed my 2020 Cali to a 2024, I note the DSG sports mode is not there. I could not find much on Google except it may have been an emmissions decision.
I Have a 2023 Cali and you can turn sport mode on or off in the vehicle settings on the infotainment system. Hope this helps. This is my second Cali , my T6 had the option on the Stick.

[
I Have a 2023 Cali and you can turn sport mode on or off in the vehicle settings on the infotainment system. Hope this helps. This is my second Cali , my T6 had the option on the Stick.
No you cant!

The setting in the infotainment is for how the additive cruise reacts. It doesn't affect "normal" driving.

[
No you cant!

The setting in the infotainment is for how the additive cruise reacts. It doesn't affect "normal" driving.
That’s funny, mine holds the revs for longer in every gear when turned on. Why would you have sport mode in adaptive cruise?

That’s funny, mine holds the revs for longer in every gear when turned on. Why would you have sport mode in adaptive cruise?
I think it’s basically setting the Adaptive Cruise Control to how responds to hazards, normal cautious or boy racer!

No you cant
It’s how quickly the van accelerates back up to the set speed once the vehicle in front moves out of the way.

No sports mode on a MY23/24, although its no slouch so I assume as suggested, it has been remapped to be somewhere between D and S found on earlier T6.1's

I think it’s basically setting the Adaptive Cruise Control to how responds to hazards, normal cautious or boy racer!
It responds to hazards depending on the distance you have manually set from the vehicle in front of you. Mine hangs onto gears longer in sport .

It responds to hazards depending on the distance you have manually set from the vehicle in front of you. Mine hangs onto gears longer in sport .
My apologies if I’m wrong . I will try it on both settings the next time I’m out in it

Back