Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driver bit for Counter Sunk Screw on the Sliding Doors

W

Wanno10

Vehicle
T6 Beach 102
Hi all,

The top mechanism on our sliding door has worked itself loose and the door doesn’t shut smoothly. Looks like i just need to tighten these two screws up but never seen a screw with so many star points. Does anyone know where to get the correct driver bit for these?

Thanks

BenIMG_1963.jpegIMG_1963.jpeg

Looks like a triple square spline bolt, will check my t5.1 to see if same and confirm size.

a normal allen key will fit and tighten that . make sure its a good fit ,it doesn't need to push on all the star points. other than that you need to go buy a set from screwfix or similar,always handy to have.

a normal allen key will fit and tighten that . make sure its a good fit ,it doesn't need to push on all the star points. other than that you need to go buy a set from screwfix or similar,always handy to have.
I'd be quite careful - there's not going to be much metal engagement with a hex key, be OK to stop it wobbling but I wouldn't try and torque it up. Better to get the right bit.

Thanks everyone. Turned out it was a M8 ‘Spline’ bit I needed. Got a set from Halfords for £13.99
and fixed the door in less than 5 mins - 4 of those minutes were winding out the awning so i could get the wrench in place

Back