Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Draining Down

sebking

sebking

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
What's the procedure for emptying the fresh water tank - getting colder and don't want it freezing!
Cheers
Seb

Hi seb
I did this job yesterday.
Lift the shelf out above the gas bottle and towards the back of the van you will see a handle pull towards you
This will empty your fresh water tank it also helps to remove the freshwater tank filler cap speeds it up
Then close the tap replace filler cap job done.

Cool I had read some guff somewhere about removing the tap fuse and opening the tap.

Now that's plain daft
How is that going to work. The stuff you read

sebking said:
Cool I had read some guff somewhere about removing the tap fuse and opening the tap.
I have read this somewhere as well......I think the thinking is along the lines of as the tap is full of water it can freeze and split the housing and the fuse removal is obviously to stop the submerged pump from running :roll:

I also run the tap in the sink until air was just coming out for a few seconds just incase any water left in the pipes.

Calikev said:
Hi seb
I did this job yesterday.
Lift the shelf out above the gas bottle and towards the back of the van you will see a handle pull towards you
This will empty your fresh water tank it also helps to remove the freshwater tank filler cap speeds it up
Then close the tap replace filler cap job done.
Yes forgot to mention just ran tap for a second nothing came out so presume all is drained down

Back