Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Draft excluder

speedo

speedo

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi all.
We have just got back from RUNFESTRUN, our first proper outing since buying and converting our bus.
We have a Vango Kela 4 awning, and While sat in the awning, we noticed a draught coming in under the van, into the awning.
I remember as a child, my dads caravan had a skirt that ran along the bottom , making it more drought proof. Does anybody produce this sort of thing? Or shall I get one the case, and patent one...LOL.
Thanks
Pauly

20210827_190350.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all.
We have just got back from RUNFESTRU, our first proper outing since buying and converting our bus.
We have a Vango Kela 4 awning, and While sat in the awning, we noticed a draught coming in under the van, into the awning.
I remember as a child, my dads caravan had a skirt that ran along the bottom , making it more drought proof. Does anybody produce this sort of thing? Or shall I get one the case, and patent one...LOL.
Thanks
Pauly

View attachment 83776
Hi, we don't use an awning, but a quick visit to the club shop and a search for "draught " throws up quite a few options.

Hi all.
We have just got back from RUNFESTRU, our first proper outing since buying and converting our bus.
Thanks
Pauly

View attachment 83776
There are a number, inflatable, clip on and slide on ones. Can be expensive for what they are.

I have the Fiamma one. Comes in 2 pieces. A large square for over the wheel arch and a long strip for along under the doors. Held on by magnets. Works well. Also stops dogs escaping under the van.

The Thule Residence room comes with a similar set-up. Large square attaches with suckers, long strip attaches with C chanel sections that I have screwed to the underside of the van

We made one by cutting a strip off an old tarp’ and a length of bungee cord. Only used it once so far but was quite effective.