Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dealer scrtatched glass on speedo binnacle

G

gatvol

My still under warranty cali had just been to the vw main dealer. During its time there, it was subjected to a free valet. Now, I have read about other forum users have that sustained vehicle damage whilst being valeted. It is now my turn

The dealer has also managed to remove paint from the front of my bubbling roof, presumably by pressure washing it. I am not bothered about this as is it due for repair anyway.

More importantly they have also scratched the clear plastic screen that covers the speedo and rev counter

It is still under warranty. The scratch is obvious and is a sine wave of about 6 inches long and was caused by using a dirty cloth with grit or hard stitching in it. It is not one of those things you just forget about as it is very clearly visible

I know that they should remedy this, but I generally like to keep my cali away from dealers whenever possible to avoid this kind of collateral damage

Might I ask what you would do in this situation pls ? The pragmatic side of me is saying forget about it. Or potentially buff it out as best I can with some plastic polish.

Thanks for any suggestions

Very annoying I would make them aware of what they have done then try and polish it out
If you are not happy with the result get them to change it :thumb I used brasso on mine
It didn't remove them all but did help :thumb

Thanks. This sort of thing really depresses me. :headbang

If you are having a specific job done - you can accurately photograph that area first. But when they, unrequested by you, "clean" your car - it is simply not possible to photographically document every bit of the vehicle in sufficient detail beforehand.

I would rather they charged for cleaning cars. At present as this is "free" I think they undertake such a task through gritted teeth, for the lowest possible cost, using the least able staff, and the cheapest materials.

Have written two posts on this topic and neither have uploaded....
Very annoying....
In short dealers are rubbish and take no care with these vehicles. Fed up with mine coming back with small damages. Won't take unless I am present and can come back with my Cali on the same day....
Good luck with your replacement...

Back